OS: Mac os 10.15.2
RPR 2.2.1, just Metal 2
RX 5700 XT
See file attachment.
1. While working with simple particles (hair emitter without child simple/interpolation) the render so slooooooow that I render something for Hollywood but not, it just simple scene!
2. When I check "child interpolation" in the children setting and set smth more than 150 for render amount my system freeze! And than restarted after ~5-9 min !!!
BTW, the same behaviour with RPR in Cinema 4D. See this post: https://community.amd.com/thread/246809
What's the hell is that? Buffer overflow? Dead card? Dead drivers? Dead mac os? Dead AMD? This RPR absolutely not for work.
Hi! try to reproduce your issue, please try to render with the latest RPR version from the official page, because your scene works with Radeon Pro 560 GPU. Thank you
I use the most latest version of RPR.
I can render this scene in Windows 10 but not in the mac os 10.15.2 with 5700 XT. You render correct in terms of colours, objects & particles.
As I can understand from your screenshot you are working under Linux with 560, but it's not the same as mac os + rdna gpu.
Here is render from Windows 10 (adrenalin 20.1.1, RPR 2.2.1, Blender 2.81a, 5700 XT):
In all for GPU particles render:
1. MacPro + 560 (denoise OFF?) , Time: 11:41.05
2. MacPro + Vega II 32Gb (denoise ON), Time: 06:34.69
3. Windows 10 + 5700 XT (denoise ON): Time 01:21.98
4. MacOs 10.15.2 + 5700 XT: Time: no. Hardware freeze.
And again... what the hell is that???
RPR (or may be apple driver) couldn't work with sync of multiply objects? Smth. wrong with driver/RPR architecture?
AMD, please, investigate this.
I have same problem, render black with Pro render, and it works with Cycles and Eevee.
Latest Add-on and latest Blender.
What to do? to make it work.
MacBookPro16,4, 8-Core Intel Core i9, 2,4 GHz
AMD Radeon Pro 5600M