cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blender Discussions

jl5086
Elite

Underlying geometry shows through materials with textures in them(see pics)

Whenever I render an object with a material applied which uses an image texture in it, (not ones with just shaders), the underlying geometry shows through in reflections.  This is even more evident if the material is shiny and metal, but what it's showing is not the actual geometry worked with in blender, but instead it's the "hidden" geometry that you see if you render in ProRenders "wireframe" pass.  I don't know if ProRender creates this "triangulation or if it's just hidden N-gons that blender uses.  But it looks to me like it is affecting the surface normals maybe?   It doesn't show any of this if I render in Cycles or in the shaded viewport mode.  I am still a bit of a beginner when it comes to UV unwrapping etc. but this seems to be related to somethinblender_s6kwXh2a8S.jpgblender_N5IkDNWZKp.pngblender_63sX6IHl0v.jpgblender_V2l0PrUjN6.jpgblender_y9nob1q2qX.jpgblender_5lMR3IHXAZ.jpgg else, anyway here's a few pictures of the issue.

I get these same results on both my pc and imac, so I must be doing something wrong, do I have to "Bake" something to avoud this? Thanks

0 Likes
21 Replies