cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blender Discussions

jl5086
Elite

Not really a question, just feedback on an issue.

I will try to be brief. Blender 2.83/82/81 with RPR 2.3.35, Win 10, Ryzen 3600, RX 5700XT.  When using viewport render and tweaking shaders, Pricipled BSDF will work fine all day, but when I try to use RPR Uber shader instead, within a few minutes of adjusting and sliders on the shader Blender will freeze completely, cursor only appears on taskbar.  I have to use taskmanager to end Blender, problem is that it closes the window, but not the process, it refuses to go away, if I go into Radeon Settings, the GPU is still stuck at 2000mhz, and 1750mhz mem clock. but low temp and less than 50watts power. Because of this state, I have to restart the machine to use the GPU, or start Blender again.  I don't know if this could be ProRender, the GPU driver, Blender or what, but I can go hours in the same scene with all Principled BSDF shaders without a crash.  I can't say if this problem is new or not, because RPR has crashed Blender many times in the past, but I can't say I noticed a connection to this before, and it has been very reliable for a while now.  I just wanted to put this info out here if it can help.

0 Likes
1 Reply
arozghon
Challenger

Thank you for your Report. information that will be added to the correct task for developers.