cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blender Discussions

HDFX
Adept II

In 2021,Why AMD GPU Still Sucks On Cycles?!

_20210226_135454.JPG

I feel so tired of having this problem.I am using AMD RX570, any version of Blender always has problems with Cycles Render.

I have tried various versions of the adrenaline driver too, but the problem hasn't gone away.

Why does AMD GPU always error when using cycles? Sometimes it succeeds in rendering in the viewport, but fails when rendering.

In fact, it often fails to render, whether it's viewport rendering and final rendering.

Until an error message appears as below :.

Split kernel error: failed to load_kernel_indirect_background

And I have to wait a long time for the viewport render to work. Even then, it often fails and the message above and other error messages appears, black screen and flickering sometimes BSOD.

I plan to switch to radeon prorender, but there are many problems / features that are not yet available. This condition is really troublesome. Forward wrong, backward wrong too.

Even though AMD has become a funder to Blender, why hasn't this problem been resolved ?!

I need a solution so that Cycles can run smoothly on my RX570 graphics card.may be all of you guys who already have or facing same issues and can share any tips or solution. So i hope usefull for other AMD GPU users that facing this issues.

Please please pleaseeeee.. really need help.

Thanks in advanced

FYI, i used Windows 10 x64, Blender2.90-2.92, Core i5 4th, Ram 8gb, GPU AMD RX570.

12 Replies