Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blender Discussions

Adrien3108
Adept I

Blender 2.92 RPR 3.1 Fog render don't work

Hi !

I'm trying to create Fog on a scene but with parameters on the World proprieties it don't work. No rendering and no previews possibilities.

I m on imac with egpu 5500xt. 

Best regards

Capture d’écran 2021-04-06 à 21.26.15.png

0 Likes
19 Replies
Adrien3108
Adept I

To get fog work i must put Full quality to legacy.

is there a possibility to get Full quality on fog render? 

0 Likes

we are on same situation, radeon prorender 3.1 can't render any object with principled volume.

0 Likes

I hope that will be modified 😉

0 Likes

yes.. but legacy option still can't show whole things.. such like the fire.

i already post about this issue too below:

https://community.amd.com/t5/blender-discussions/rx570-suffering-to-render-smoke-in-blender-2-92/m-p... 

Cycles and RPR still lack for my RX570. sad...!!!

0 Likes

Hi bro, try using the Blender LTS series. I tried it on this version (but uses cycles), my RX570 runs fine with cycles. Later I will also try using Radeon Prorender. If it goes well, I will only use LTS version of Blender for the scope of work.

0 Likes

Arf.... I m already on macos and cycles don't take metal API.... Yes i know it's a mistake to work on osx with blender ^^

0 Likes

U still can use Cycles on mac, just activate your gpu in blender preference at OpenCL tab. And check your gpu if already listed there. 

0 Likes

Unfortunately on macOS de don’t have this menu. Cycles work on OpenCL, macOS on metal so it’s not possible to set graphic card on cycles, only CPU.... 😫

0 Likes

Is Blender unable to detect your EGPU?

0 Likes

Blender show my egpu on RPR but not on Cycles 😉

0 Likes

Ok, now just try to use Blender LTS version, i hope it works for you. 

0 Likes

I will try it ! 
i will sens you back my experience 

0 Likes

I already tried to render smoke physic with RPR 3.1, the result is same in Blender LTS.

I hope it will fix soon. Ok, i'll skip RPR until this issues fix. at least now i able to uses Cycles on my RX570 with Blender LTS instead of Blender 2.92

0 Likes

What os do you have ?

0 Likes

I used Windows 10 64bit.

Btw,you able to install windows into your mac with bootcamp, so you can try to use Blender in windows environment.

0 Likes

I got it but blender crash when I render on the eGPU.... f***

0 Likes

At least, for now and for the foreseeable future, don't buy a Mac computer for purposes in Blender.

I previously used a Mac too(hackintosh), but now I end up using a regular desktop computer with a Windows operating system to play Blender.

It's more save money, and i can use discreet gpu as needed.

If Nvidia GPU was still supported by latest mac OS, maybe I would still stay on macOS.

0 Likes

I m so agree... I m waiting for better time to buy all the stuff for a new Windows comptuer.

I may wait few month to get 3080 at a good price ^^

Agreed.. NVIDIA still the great option for Blender and other task.

I also plan to switch to nvidia.. and wait and see for AMD progress for Blender. Because AMD has a great price for same nvidia specs.

Good luck and God bless you

0 Likes