cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

kos
Journeyman III

Why well compiled and builded kernel can't run ?

I have an ordinary code, it's builded on top of my lib, which works fine in some samples, so the reasons I can see is function  parameters (or their names) mismatch. But it looks fine. But maybe you can say something other ?

0 Likes
5 Replies
rick_weber
Adept II

I've found that this happens if you don't assign all the parameters to resources. Also, if you're getting the name of a function that doesn't exist as your entry, the kernel is likely to fail (though, if it's "main" this in unlikely to be your problem). Unfortunately, there are many more things that will cause your kernel to execute but your results to be gibberish (like assigning a 1d resource but declaring it as 2d in your kernel).

0 Likes
rahulgarg
Adept II

Try printing the error with calGetErrorString?
0 Likes

The result of CalGetErrorString wos <Symbol ">.

0 Likes

1. Try checking CALresult for all CAL APIs. Specially for calCtxGetMem & calCtxSetMem.

2. Have you bind all the symbol handles in shader with a memory handle?

3. Is you memory handle busy? e.g. have you called calResUnmap after calResMap?

0 Likes

Originally posted by: kos

The result of CalGetErrorString wos <Symbol ">

In case you wonder, a bug causes calGetErrorString to return a truncated string, see my bug report:

http://forums.amd.com/devforum/messageview.cfm?catid=328&threadid=104563&enterthread=y&STARTPAGE=4#956583

You can work around it by ignoring the NUL char and printing the rest of the string.

0 Likes