Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

sam890060
Journeyman III

Which will be the future processor ?

Intel or AMD

Which will be the leading processor in future ? Intel or AMD or any other.. if so why?

Regards,

0 Likes
9 Replies
skinnybabe
Journeyman III

i  think it's intel coz it has a computing power, performance, and reliability at home and at work...

0 Likes

Originally posted by: skinnybabe i  think it's intel coz it has a computing power, performance, and reliability at home and at work...

Same can be said for AMD. Considering AMD CPUs populated the world's fastest super computers, I'd have to say the reliability, computing power and performance is there.  With AMD pioneering OpenCL and other facets of computing, I'm going to have to say AMD as they have the complete package and platform to leverage.

0 Likes

WOW ! Do u really think Intel will be the future.. but many people prefer AMD for netbooks and gaming ? 

Why is it so?

0 Likes

I think the answer to this question is obvious: given its performance power and market demand, Intel would continue to exist in future as well.

0 Likes

Hi,

Regarding to SPEC benchmark and regardless to the next available Opeteron 4000 and 6000 series, I agree that Intel is leading now. Anyway, when above new Opteron will be available on the market ?

Best regards,

0 Likes
liquidmeson
Journeyman III

What a silly question. AMD+=Intel

AMD+GlobalFoundries+OpenSource=A Lean Green Fightin' Machine

*nom nom nom*

0 Likes

Intel

My reason is the same with skinnybabe

0 Likes

May I know how u related AMD with open source ?
0 Likes
chaoscode
Journeyman III

Hah. Fools.
nothing goes above my STM32F405.

jokes aside.

As long as there's competition we'll have progress. Look what Intel did while AMD was busy gathering itself the last years.

But now that AMD is back intel has to get up from the lazy couch and improve.

If one of them disappears it would be bad for all of us.

Not Immediatelly, but after some time.

0 Likes