cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

divya88mehra
Journeyman III

where to start the development of graphics driver????...

i'm newbie in this domain. i need some guideline to developing(implementing) a driver of my own. so, where to start my work??..

Can anyone help me out???

0 Likes
4 Replies
avk
Adept III

Your own driver?! Well, such a job is a very hard and long one. Anyway, what OS you plan to support?

0 Likes
extremeseos0007
Journeyman III

Hello to everyone at this forum.....I am really new at this and wish a good time to spend discussing

0 Likes
bridgman
Staff

Probably the best place to start is by looking at some existing drivers. Not sure which GPU you are considering, but if you browse to http://cgit.freedesktop.org there are some projects there which could be good examples :

mesa/drm - kernel driver for all generations of ATI GPU

mesa/mesa - 3D driver for all generations up to 5xx, look in 6xx-rewrite branch for 6xx-7xx

xorg/driver/xf86-video-ati - display/2D driver for all generations of Radeon GPU

xorg/driver/xf86-video-radeonhd - display/2D driver for 5xx and higher

Programming guides are available on amd.com (look for "Open GPU Documentation") or at http://www.x.org/docs/AMD

0 Likes

Hi,

ntelligraphics has remained a recognized leader in providing senior-level graphics driver development services for graphics and multimedia hardware devices since our inception in 1992. Our 2D/3D graphics driver development teams have direct experience working with nearly every leading graphics OEM that has ever been involved in the 2D/3D graphics hardware industry. Our extensive 2D/3D project history provides us with direct experience working with a wide variety of accelerated and un-accelerated hardware and operating system technologies for both PC and embedded systems including Windows xp, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Mobile and Windows CE, Linux, and most every major "legacy" operating system such as Windows 9x, Windows 2000, OS/2, UNIX, etc. Intelligraphics' current 2D/3D graphics development focus includes providing customers with cutting-edge development, performance optimization, and defect resolution services for Symbian, Windows CE based operating systems, Linux/Embedded Linux, and PC Windows.

Regards.

0 Likes