cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

sachsproject
Journeyman III

Re: What's wrong with this file?

It is great to see that the OpenCL issue with Blender is being looked into.  For interest, I have a Firepro V7900 which I will be testing once we have a solution, it will be interesting to see how the workstation and consumer cards match up.  Many times I have considered ditching this card and going for a GTX 580 or a mid range Quadro but have held out because of the benchmarks I've seen with this card.  A solution can't come quick enough!

Thank you Himanshu and team for your work.

jjoonathan
Journeyman III

Thank you for looking into accelerating cycles. Luxrender is not sufficiently integrated into blender to make GPU acceleration an added-value experience (no live preview, which is the real gamechanger in an editing workflow).

I had to trade my AMD 7970s for NVIDIA 580s because of this issue. I lost a ton of benchmark score and AMD lost a high margin customer, it was a sad day all around. I hope this issue gets fixed before I go shopping again: the new macpro looks awesome, but it has AMD cards...

tolga9009
Adept II

Thank you, for the taking this issue seriously! Still, is there any possibility, that one of the responsible developers give us a status report and a technical insight of the problem (and if they think / know, whether it's a software or a hardware limitation)? That would really help to bridge the time.

0 Likes
nou
Exemplar

AFAIK even Evergreen GPU family (5xxx) has support for function call so it is limitation of compiler.

0 Likes
sharlybg
Adept II

No news again? waiting become too long without bit of news.yes i've get smallux work for me but it'is only me, and this render engine is features limited compared to Vray octane cycles and all this soft where artist want acceleration with AMD cards.some of us get completely discourage look at this ( Amd/ati Opencl+ Blenderheads+blender Cycles=harmony | Facebook ). is it so hard to solve this issues ?

Now AMD is speaking about HSA for APUs and next HD 9000 volcanics island does it mean that radeon 7XXX series will never get cycles vray octane work ?

why AMD why why ? we need true answer ?

tommie
Journeyman III

No updates yet?
I am beginning to doubt these developers :S pretending to be working on this problem!? why dont we see any updates? I spend over 3000$ into your company, recommended you to friends and never had any trouble using your products. Happy customer is losing faith here! does anyone care? AMD? no, really not?

Thanks for caring.

0 Likes
sdar
Journeyman III

Thanks, i had beginning to doubt that the developers were working on this but now i realized that indeed they're working on it and it seems it's going to run soon.

better late than never, thank you amd.

0 Likes
tolga9009
Adept II

Well, it's semi-working with Windows 8.1 OpenGL 4.3 Beta preview driver. It compiles, but the final render has some serious artifacts. The latest OpenGL 4.3 13.8 Beta driver (released on 1st August), is a step back again: the kernel fails at compiling ("Error 103, insufficient resources").

0 Likes
sdar
Journeyman III

0 Likes
nou
Exemplar

I am expecting that next SDK version big feature will be compilation of big kernels.

0 Likes