cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

ahu
Journeyman III

What's the maximum number of ATI GPUs officially supported by Windows drivers? #2

mrbpix, the results are really encouraging

With the latest CCC on Windows, the Crossfire option is real easy find: Performance -> AMD CrossFireX configuration. If you don't find it, it's probably disabled because of support for your configuration. Additionally on Windows, you should connect each of the 8 GPU's to a monitor or VGA dummy (at least that's a requirement on some of the driver and/or OS versions). Also on earlier drivers, you had to disable Catalyst AI, but I can't find that option anymore on the new CCC.

0 Likes
Alice_Sunny
Journeyman III

What's the maximum number of ATI GPUs officially supported by Windows drivers? #2

It is a worthy problem to be thorough study.
0 Likes
mrphantuan
Journeyman III

Originally posted by: empty_knapsack OK, I'll forward to our customers:

"ATI itlsef have no idea what's the maximum number of ATI GPUs supported within single system by Windows drivers".

0 Likes
mrphantuan
Journeyman III

Originally posted by: ahu mrbpix, the results are really encouraging

With the latest CCC on Windows, the Crossfire option is real easy find: Performance -> AMD CrossFireX configuration. If you don't find it, it's probably disabled because of support for your configuration. Additionally on Windows, you should connect each of the 8 GPU's to a monitor or VGA dummy (at least that's a requirement on some of the driver and/or OS versions). Also on earlier drivers, you had to disable Catalyst AI, but I can't find that option anymore on the new CCC.

0 Likes
diepchess
Adept I

Wow great that you could fit in 4 x HD 5970,

what mainboard did you use for that?

Not to mention the person that got in 5 of them.

I have a 4 socket box here with a tyan S4985 mainboard,

on my facebook a photo of how the 1000 euro system looks like;

but it seems the 5970 is too long to fit in it as it would touch unmissable

powerplug that mainboard needs from psu (a 5 pin molex actually that sticks out).

So probably need order a new mainboard. Which one you advice?

Regards,

Vincent Diepeveen

p.s. in HPC scaling above 50% is good when i parallellized for SGI supercomputer. So whether you scale 95% or 98% is all very well

Efficient code that is useful doing something much tougher.

0 Likes
mrphantuan
Journeyman III

Originally posted by: diepchess Wow great that you could fit in 4 x HD 5970,

what mainboard did you use for that?

Not to mention the person that got in 5 of them.

I have a 4 socket box here with a tyan S4985 mainboard,

on my facebook a photo of how the 1000 euro system looks like;

but it seems the 5970 is too long to fit in it as it would touch unmissable

powerplug that mainboard needs from psu (a 5 pin molex actually that sticks out).

So probably need order a new mainboard. Which one you advice?

Regards,

Vincent Diepeveen

p.s. in HPC scaling above 50% is good when i parallellized for SGI supercomputer. So whether you scale 95% or 98% is all very well

Efficient code that is useful doing something much tougher.

0 Likes
himanshu_gautam
Grandmaster

mrphantuan,

Do you have some question to ask?why are you just quoting the comments of other guys from top?

diepchess,

I don't think i can help you in this matter. I hope people who have experimented with 4x 5970 can answers that better.

0 Likes
nou
Exemplar

0 Likes