cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

Raistmer
Adept II

Re: What do you think of the new forums?

Browse discussion: don't you think that filter for zones is required.

Being in OpenCL mode and hitting browse I get this thread as first browse element. Do you really think it's right effect?

More: ok, you bring whole forum site at screen and leave up to user to filter relevant info. But where filter by zones ? Nowhere!

Filter by tags is nice of course, but why you define such entity as "zone" (OpenCL zone and so on) and not offer filter based on this entity selection???

Forums ordering, thread ordering are complete mess in this new look!

0 Likes
kcarney
Staff
Staff

Here's how to see read/unread threads: http://devgurus.amd.com/thread/159266

0 Likes
amdaudiovideo
Journeyman III

Well I'm not an AMD expert by any stretch....though I have successfully used AMD processors and built several powerful DAW based systems....my knowledge base is in Pro Audio production and not programming in a computer language, guess my language is the product of music. So you developers don't look down your nose at us end users because without us you wouldn't have as much of a purpose...hehe!

I think this developer forum is potentially a fantastic place for AMD and it's partners to come together in a solution solving, innovating line of communication. I'm here for many  reasons but my main reason is get AMD to allocate a special team formed for the purpose of stealing market share from Apple in the area of High-End Audio and Pro Video solutions. There is no such resource for us High-End Creation power users in the AMD community and I find that unacceptable and I am on a mission to see AMD position itself as a leader in this modern world of DAW's and DVideoW's. So yes I'm very excited to be here and I truthfully hope I can achieve the results I'm after by showing AMD they can be a huge part in the vastly growing DAW and Video production community. AMD has the technology and the innovation to do it if we can just get rid of a few stiffs and their high paid salaries off the golf course and put together something that makes APPLE sniff our direction with their nose in the air wondering who this newcomer is that has the audacity to be the new ART pros and take a portion of their profits.

0 Likes
donpellegrino
Adept I

I would prefer phpBB.

0 Likes
sekardarsono
Journeyman III

Kitchen Designing Ideas. www.solidwoodkitchen.co.uk . Kitchens with appliances £595. Includes Free Kitchen Designing . Kitchen Design Ideas. TEL 01616-694785

0 Likes
Raistmer
Adept II

After few months of usage I think new forums just awful. Really. They ugly, they waste useful screen space, they offer crazy formatting, they slow on C-60 APU (AMD, you advertize this APU as "HD internet", but it can't handle your own forums ! I see difference each time I open from netbook or from desktop PC).

You spent money, you spent programmers time just to get such very inconvenient and completely unneeded for real forum work upgrade... Pity for you. And pity for all like me who forced to use this c..p! I waited more than half year for some improvements - nothing, sorry for rough language but boil point reached

0 Likes
turboscrew
Journeyman III

I'm so new here, that I don't really have experience.

Now at first, the forum is so much different than any other forums I know that it's hard to figure out what to find and where, and how to use this forum.

0 Likes