Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

Rush314
Journeyman III

What bookset would you recommend?

Newest AMD Developer bookset I've seen is from 2002

Looking for a nice (old school?) HARDCOPY bookset for AMDx64 developers...

Looked high & low and tghe newest set I could find is from 2002.

I'll get it if I have to but it just seems there's SO much that's happened sonce then.

Doesn't HAVE to be the 5 volume AMD set but I am looking for something as comprehensive.

Any thought would help lots!

0 Likes
7 Replies

Unfortunately, the manuals only live on in electronic form.  I would recommend taking the, now 6 volume set of PDF's, to a place like Kinko's or some kind of book binding service.  They are continously updated with new major architecture changes which is partly why we stopped offering the printed versions. 

0 Likes

Get em!...

Just kinda tricky pouring over them during lunch breaks heh.

I understand things move fast these days.

So if anyone is familiar with the 2002 editions do they even address multi-core? That's pretty much a must, before spending the bucks.

0 Likes

What do you mean "do they address multi-core?" In 2002 AMD had only 32-bit K7-based Athlon/Athlon XP/Athlon MP/Duron CPUs, all of them are single-core. So I think that your 2002 editions hardly address multi-core features.

0 Likes

AVK - Hah! I'm so very glad you can't see me slapping my forehead right now.

I thank you much for the wake-up-call.

devcentral guy - Kinko's was very reasonable. They printed them just the way I wanted: 1/2 size: 5.5 in. by 8.5 in. 2 sided & bound with a cool clippy (no holes no glue) binder thing. The printing for the biggest one (540 pgs) was barely 45 bucks before binding.

0 Likes

Glad to hear it worked out for you!!

0 Likes

I would recommened you not to have books becuase packaging boxes of these books are very thin and soft.You should join internet communities.You will find better result over there.

0 Likes

Thanks for your suggestion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

24 hours a day, 7 days.
Hard time in the office,On the other hand, we should not blame enthusiasts

0 Likes