cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

veydan
Journeyman III

what and where is SNACK

I know SNACK is short for simple no api compiled kernel. But where is the implementation or  is there any? I know CLOC is basically two bash scripts, OpenCL has libraries. But where is SNACK? Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

That is the HSA runtime, plus some CLOC generated runtime code that gets mixed in with the *.o file. The CLOC tool will hide all of the runtime code from the user, however.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
jedwards
Staff

SNACK allows you to create an object file (*.o) from a OpenCL C executable (*.cl) and link it together with the host object files to create one executable. SNACK is exposed as an option through the CLOC script. You can see snack examples in the CLOC/examples/snack directory.

0 Likes

But where is the implementation of SNACK? I mean, where is the code that allow NOT using the OpenCL API(get platform/device, create context/buffers, etc.) to run the compiled CL kernels on GPU? Thanks.

0 Likes

That is the HSA runtime, plus some CLOC generated runtime code that gets mixed in with the *.o file. The CLOC tool will hide all of the runtime code from the user, however.

0 Likes

I see, thanks a lot.

0 Likes