cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

holo
Journeyman III

V7900 2D line AA issue

Hi, I am developing Holomark 2, a benchmark tool for Rhinoceros 5.0.

I have been a longtime nVidia user and have just switched to you, but I can not get good 2D line AA with my card... And I am afraid it is a Rhino-issue or a driver-isse. Can you please shead some light on what could be wrong?

Please look at the images, one is from my dated Vista home machine with a geForce 8800GT card and the other is from my i7 workstation with Win 7 64 bit and the FirePro v7900 with the latest drivers (all drivers have had the same issues)

With this kind of linedrawing it feels like I have sat my screens at the wrong resolution 😐
(And other users have the same issues with both the v7900 and the v5900 and probably other AMD cards too)

Thanks for all help.

0 Likes
6 Replies
chm
Staff
Staff

Hi,

can you please try to enable AA in the Catalyst Control Center. This should improve the line quality a lot. Please open the Catalyst Control Center and go to AMD FirePro->3D Application Settings. You will find the Anti Aliasing section. Please try disabling "Use application settings" and select Level x4.

0 Likes
holo
Journeyman III

I have tried, It is sat at 8x on the image I sent you.

Jørgen Holo

Siv. Industridesigner mNid

cid:image001.png@01CC9EF7.267479A0

Holoveien 16, 1341 Slependen, Norway

www.holodesign.no

tel: +47 99 33 11 00

mail@holodesign.no

Fra: chm

Sendt: 9. juli 2012 21:16

Til: Jørgen Holo

Emne: Re: V7900 2D line AA issue | AMD Developer Forums

<http://devgurus.amd.com/index.jspa> AMD Developer Forums

Re: V7900 2D line AA issue

in FirePro Development

pharley
Journeyman III

We have also recently made the switch from older NVIDIA cards to the V7900 and have been very dissapointed with the antialiasing when using Rhino.  Is this issue being looked at to find an improvement?

0 Likes

We will look into this issue and investigate how we can improve the AA line drawing quality with Rhino.

0 Likes

That's good news. I have the same problem in Rhino. I like the power of my new Firepro for dealing with very large meshes and textures, but the AA is a deal breaker. Looking forward to a fix soon.

0 Likes

Have a comparable problem with a w7000 and solidworks in "3D with shaded edges" mode. Comparison between the brandnew firepro and my old quadro fx4800 (both with 8xAA) brings similar results as we can see in holo's images. The difference seems to be the "antialiasing gamma correction" option in the quadro driver. When i switch it off, antialiased edges are looking as "bad" as when i use the firepro....

0 Likes