cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

n_treutner
Journeyman III

unused Buffers needed for correct result

i'm still trying to find out, what's wrong.

some results in some specific "regions" of work-items appear to have slightly changed results, which makes even less sense to me, than zero-ed results.

did any of the AMD-staff have similar issues or does the dev-team know, that there seems to be a problem? i thought about race-condition for a while, but that does actually not make sense to me. maybe memory? i have no idea.

0 Likes
genaganna
Journeyman III

Originally posted by: n.treutner i'm still trying to find out, what's wrong.

some results in some specific "regions" of work-items appear to have slightly changed results, which makes even less sense to me, than zero-ed results.

did any of the AMD-staff have similar issues or does the dev-team know, that there seems to be a problem? i thought about race-condition for a while, but that does actually not make sense to me. maybe memory? i have no idea.

We do face such things but always problem was synchronization or race codition.  How big your code? is it possible to send your code to streamdeveloper@amd.com?

0 Likes
n_treutner
Journeyman III

ok, good to know. i'll look into it again.

i could send you the OpenCL-code, but the C-code (for the "host) might be a problem, since it includes quite a lot of other libraries and might take a couple of hours to set up...

does the raw OpenCL-code help, so you could just look into it, without having the chance to test it? it might be a pain to read, since i've played around a lot in order to find the error myself.

thanks for your quick response!

0 Likes
genaganna
Journeyman III

Originally posted by: n.treutner ok, good to know. i'll look into it again.

i could send you the OpenCL-code, but the C-code (for the "host) might be a problem, since it includes quite a lot of other libraries and might take a couple of hours to set up...

does the raw OpenCL-code help, so you could just look into it, without having the chance to test it? it might be a pain to read, since i've played around a lot in order to find the error myself.

thanks for your quick response!

Please send whole code so that we have both option we will use whichever better.

0 Likes