cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

chippies
Journeyman III

Unable to profile JavaCL application using CodeXL 1.2.3897.0

Just downloaded CodeXL 1.2 to profile one of my JavaCL applications.  If I use the profiling mode "CPU: Time-based Sampling" then my app runs correctly and and I get CPU profiling results showing the time taken by Java functions.  Switching to the modes "GPU: Application Trace" or "GPU: Performance Counters" results in my application hanging somewhere during Java's initialisation it seems.  I am using this JavaCL snapshot: https://oss.sonatype.org/content/groups/public/com/nativelibs4java/javacl/1.0-SNAPSHOT/javacl-1.0-20....

My environment: Windows 7 64-bit, AMD Radeon HD7970, tried Catalyst 12.6 (will try 13.8-beta as soon as it finishes installing).  Is CodeXL capable of profiling programs that use JavaCL?

Thanks for the assistance.

0 Likes
9 Replies
chippies
Journeyman III

I have since tried Catalyst 13.8 beta and still have the same problem.  Interestingly, APP SDK samples can be traced and profiled without any problems.

0 Likes

Update 2: Reverting to an earlier version of JavaCL (javacl-1.0-SNAPSHOT-20120722.jar - javacl - JavaCL 1.0-SNAPSHOT-20120722 - OpenCL bindings for Java ...) did not change the results.

0 Likes

Hi,

Can you please provide us the snap-shot of CodeXL project settings ["File -> Project Settings"] that you are currently using to run JavaCL code?

Thanks,

Kalyan P

0 Likes

Hi Kalyan, I have attached the project settings file (.cxl).

0 Likes

Bump.  Does anyone here have suggestions?

0 Likes
dorono
Staff

Hi,

Thank you for your report.

We have confirmed that CodeXL 1.2 GPU Debugging and GPU Profiling do not work with JavaCL applications. We will look into the reasons for this.

0 Likes

Hi dorono, has there been any progress on JavaCL profiling?  Thanks for the help.

0 Likes

I don't like having to bump posts, but it seems to be the only way to get some feedback on this forum.  Has there been any progress on resolving this problem with CodeXL being unable to profile applications using JavaCL?

If debugging is still in progress, at least post a short message saying so, otherwise the impression develops that nothing is being done.

0 Likes

Hi,

Sorry but no news yet.

0 Likes