Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

mahanagarjuna
Journeyman III

Unable to install CodeSleuth plugin

Hi,
I tried the steps to install CodeSleuth from the following page: http://developer.amd.com/tools...uth/Pages/default.aspx.
But Eclipse is unable to install it and giving the following error:
Network connection problems encountered during search.
Unable to access "http://developer.amd.com/codesleuth_1_0_0".
Error parsing site stream. [Premature end of file.]
Premature end of file.
Error parsing site stream. [Premature end of file.]
Premature end of file.

Can any help me?

regards,
Nagarjuna
Tags (2)
0 Likes
23 Replies
gfrostamd
Staff
Staff

Nagarjuna,

I just updated successfully from the site. Maybe we can try to diagnose where the issue is.

Is it possible that you are behind a firewall?
If so consider updating the proxy in eclipse
(Windows->Preference..->General->Network Connections)

If you open the following URLs in your browser do you get content returned?

http://developer.amd.com/codesleuth_1_0_0/site.xml (this should return xml content to your browser)

http://developer.amd.com/codesleuth_1_0_0/features/codesleuthfeature_1.0.0.jar (this should cause your browser to download a jar file <1Mb)

http://developer.amd.com/codesleuth_1_0_0/plugins/com.amd.javalabs.codesleuth_1.0.0.jar (this should cause your browser to download a jar file <1Mb)

Also can you confirm that you are running eclipse using a 1.6 compatible JRE? CodeSleuth's plugin uses some 1.6 features and therefore Eclipse must be run with a 1.6 compatible JVM.

This response is provided for informational purposes only, is provided "AS IS" and does not obligate AMD to provide any of the services, technology, or programs described.
0 Likes
mahanagarjuna
Journeyman III

Thanks for the help.
I was under wrong impression that, I already configured my proxy connection.

regards,
Nagarjuna.
0 Likes
tom_1st
Journeyman III

Hi!

I was able to install the plugin sucessfully however how do i use it?
There is not documentation and i can find no way to access the plugin from within eclipse. (I use eclipse 3.3, JDK 1.6 and installed AMD CodeAnalyst 2.76).

So what should i do?
Any help appreciated,
ToM
0 Likes
gfrostamd
Staff
Staff

Tom,

I just saw your post at the sourceforge project.

Can you check your eclipse log files. If CodeSlueth had installed correctly, then 'Help'->'Help Contents' should indeed contain 'CodeSleuth User Guide'

Another way to validate the install is to check 'Window'->'Show View'->'Other...' to see if any of the CodeSleuth views are available.

If not we may need to look in the eclipse log.

One should confirm that your eclipse is being launched using a JRE/JDK 1.6 JVM. The plugin was compiled with this JVM and therefore will only run if eclipse is launched with 1.6. It is not enough to just set your compiler and eclipse project 'Run' JVM to 1.6.

-----
This response is provided for informational purposes only, is provided "AS IS" and does not obligate AMD to provide any of the services, technology, or programs described.
0 Likes
tom_1st
Journeyman III

Hi gfrost,

thanks for your reply. I checked the Help and the Views (already after installation) but there is no code sleuth in there.
The only prove i have is if i check 'Help/SoftwareUpdates/Manage Configuration' - in there i can see the plugin and if i click 'Show properties/Status' its says 'The feature is configured properly'.

The install.log says:

!CONFIGURATION 1208330728792 Wed Apr 16 09:25:28 CEST 2008
!ACTIVITY 1208330725636 Apr 16, 2008 09:25:25.636 codesleuthfeature_1.0.0 feature-install success
!ACTIVITY 1208330728761 Apr 16, 2008 09:25:28.761 codesleuthfeature_1.0.0 feature-enable success

And the errror_recovery.log says:

LogEntry.0=START_INSTALL_LOG
LogEntry.1=FEATURE C:\Programme\eclipse3.3\features\codesleuthfeature_1.0.0\feature1208330728761.xml
LogEntry.2=ALL_FEATURES_INSTALLED
LogEntry.3=RENAME C:\Programme\eclipse3.3\features\codesleuthfeature_1.0.0\feature1208330728761.xml
LogEntry.4=END_INSTALL_LOG
eof=eof

But looks good to me...
ToM

PS. Java 1.6 is verified otherwise i couldn't select 1.6 as Project JDK
0 Likes
gfrostamd
Staff
Staff

I have a couple of follow up questions which we can determine from the 'Eclipse Configuration Details' which can be opened using

'Help'->'About Eclipse SDK'->'Configuration Details'

First look for a line beginning with

'-arch'

and confirm that the next line is

'x86'

Secondly can you verify that the line starting with
eclipse.vm=

References a jvm.dll in your 1.6 install

For example mine is
eclipse.vm=C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\client\jvm.dll

0 Likes
tom_1st
Journeyman III

I verfied the parameters.

- arch = 'x86' (I am running a normal windows PC so its x86)
- eclipse.vm=C:\Programme\Java\jdk1.6.0_05\bin\..\jre\bin\client\jvm.dll

I found one strange thing though: If i search in the eclipse folder for codesleut only one directory is returned:

...\eclipse3.3\features\codesleuthfeature_1.0.0 - which contains only one feature.xml and a meta.inf file. Shouldn't there be some codesleuth class files under the 'plugins' directory?

Regards,
ToM

PS: I removed codsleuth and install it again - no change
0 Likes
gfrostamd
Staff
Staff

Tom_1st

Yes, there certainly should be more (and a few classfiles ) under the install.

I will send a private message with contact/email/phone info so we can dig deeper.

Of course we can fold back anything we discover back to this forum, in case anyone is reading along.
0 Likes
tom_1st
Journeyman III

Hi gfrost,

i think the problem is with the Installation procedure.
I manually downloaded the plugin jar from here:

http://developer.amd.com/codes....codesleuth_1.0.0.jar

and copied it into the eclipse/plugin folder, restarted and everything was working.
The file was about 8 megs...

Regards,
ToM
0 Likes