cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

settle
Challenger

Unable to install AMD APP SDK Samples in non-default folder

I'm using Windows 8 Pro (64 bit), and want to install all of the AMD APP SDK 2.8.1 in "C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD APP\2.8.1\".

I followed the installation notes document, but when choosing either express or custom install I was never prompted to specify a destination folder, other than the ATI Technologies one.  No matter what, using the setup.exe installs the CPU runtime driver and the SDK into "C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD APP\" and the SDK samples in %USERPROFILE%\Documents.

I managed to get the runtime driver and SDK installed as desired by individually installing those packages, which prompted me for the destination folder.  However, when I attempt the same process with the SDK samples, I get:

"Error 1720. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A script required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor."

Even when I use the default destination folder I get the same error.

Please help.

0 Likes
3 Replies
settle
Challenger

I forgot to mention, if you're running a standard account (which is a good security precaution) and attempt to install the SDK samples, it prompts you for an administrator authorization, and proceeds to install it in that administator's %USERPROFILE%\Documents, not the current standard account's.  Then, it sets AMDAPPSDKSAMPLESROOT as a system environment variable, but standard accounts cannot access the SDK samples inside the administrator's folder.

0 Likes

I will let you know my findings here. Did not tried to install SDK on a custom directory so far.

0 Likes

Currently it is not recommended to try custom directory installation for AMD APP SDK.

A solution to this problem is under consideration.

0 Likes