cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

corry
Adept III

Tahiti MSB (Big Endian)?

I fiexed my earlier problem....thought it was identical code, but turns out it wasn't, a literal number was being used twice....only had to comment out the program about 90% to find that!

Anyhow, Once using read-only uav's instead of the constant buffer, I fully expected things to work...well, they dont.  I'm pulling from a network data stream, and byte reversing for an LSB system like Caymans, only when I enabled my debug output on Tahiti, I'm seeing all my stuff reversed again...at first I thought I was just dyslexic, (I mean, I know ASM dst,src stuff exacerbates my dyslexic tendencies...) so I pulled up as  bytes the ram I'm passing up, and the debug readback of the data, and sure enough, its reversed. 0x00000001 became 0x01000000.

In fact, upon further checking, it seems all my bfi masks are reversed, and just about all positions are reversed...Looks to me like is MSB, but I did want to check and confirm just to make sure I'm not more dyslexic than I thought, and/or not as crazy as I thought!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Well, I think you can delete this....I suspect the computer, not the card hiccuped the first time I checked the debug output, I can't seem to reproduct this error...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
corry
Adept III

Ok, now this is just weird....I wish I could get screenshots...I went looking to try and verify some more, and its back to the correct order!  WTF?!  I stared at the output before posting that for 20 minutes, comparing to the original stuff I passed in, and expected values.  I *know* it was reversed 2 runs ago...something weird is going on...

0 Likes

Well, I think you can delete this....I suspect the computer, not the card hiccuped the first time I checked the debug output, I can't seem to reproduct this error...

0 Likes