cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

jholewinski
Journeyman III

Support for HD 79xx in KernelAnalyzer

Are there plans to support the HD 79xx series of cards in the KernelAnalyzer?  I'm particularly interested in seeing the ISA disassembly for the new GCN architecture, and we do not yet have any 7970s so I cannot just dump the disassembly from OpenCL programs at run-time.

0 Likes
1 Solution
bpurnomo
Staff

The latest KernelAnalyzer (v1.11) has support for displaying the disassembly of the HD 79xx series of cards.  The support is for the live driver mode (using the installed driver) of the tool.

To use the live driver mode of the tool:

1. Start the KernelAnalyzer tool
  2. Go to Edit->Options
  3. Under the Compiler and Statistics Options tab, change the CAL version drop down menu to “Use Installed Driver”.
  4. Close the Options panel.
  5. Now, on the object code panel, you can select the HD 79xx device target (Tahiti).

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
bpurnomo
Staff

The latest KernelAnalyzer (v1.11) has support for displaying the disassembly of the HD 79xx series of cards.  The support is for the live driver mode (using the installed driver) of the tool.

To use the live driver mode of the tool:

1. Start the KernelAnalyzer tool
  2. Go to Edit->Options
  3. Under the Compiler and Statistics Options tab, change the CAL version drop down menu to “Use Installed Driver”.
  4. Close the Options panel.
  5. Now, on the object code panel, you can select the HD 79xx device target (Tahiti).
0 Likes

Ah, I was not aware of that option; I assumed it used the installed driver by default.  Thanks!

0 Likes

I really would like to see the stats for Tahiti, which current installed driver does not supply, which is bad for my work.

Dia

0 Likes

We would like to have Southern Islands analysis too, but it will take some time to implement.

In the mean time, you may find AMD APP Profiler helpful.

http://developer.amd.com/tools/AMDAPPProfiler/Pages/default.aspx

In particular, the new OpenCL™ Kernel Occupancy Viewer can show you what limits your kernel's performance.

0 Likes