cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

landmann
Journeyman III

Stream Kernel Analyzer 1.7 (SDK 2.3, Catalyst 10.12)

Fluctuating statistics

I am observing the phenomenon that repeated clicking on the compile-button produces different statistics for the same kernel.

Is there a random-based optimization going on ?

E.g. for the 6xxx series I get values between 430 and 520 MThreads/s for a simple kernel.

Who could explain this?

0 Likes
8 Replies
himanshu_gautam
Grandmaster

Hi landman,

Can you please provide the kernel you were using. I do not get any weird behaviour on my system.

Also It is recommended to post your system configuration.

0 Likes

This is silly, I cannot reproduce it. Rock-stable now. I will come back once I find the magic recipe to trigger it again.

0 Likes

Identified the circumstances the Analyzer shows the described behaviour.

Whenever I am using the cl_device in parallel (even without running kernels on it, just created it) to using SKA, SKA's statistics start to fluctuate.

System: Windows7-64b, Radeon 4650.

0 Likes

Can you post the post. I am not sure i understood completely what you are trying to do.

Any how, did you try the profiler and does the timestamps fluctuate there too?

0 Likes

I managed to trigger this behaviour again and made 3 screenshots of it. It is always the same kernel, and every click on the "Compile" button produces a slightly different statistic.

I am running the SKA for a long time, and when the statistics start to fluctuate I have to close and restart it. Then the statistics are stable again.

I aplologize for the image size, but I cannot insert links ( I omitted a 3rd shot which again shows different value) . Please have look at the throughput column especially.

Run 1

Run 2

0 Likes

Thats really weird.

I tried to reproduce it on my system but failed. It is always stable. So i will forward this to Developer team.

Can you please post the SDK and Catalyst version you are using. Also mention the profiler version.

Also I think you have currently disabled the 5xxx devices and firestream devices. Are performance values stable for them?

0 Likes

SDK , Catalyst and Profiler are given in the topic. I will try to keep an eye on the 5xxx series values. Thanks for forwarding this.

0 Likes

ooops sorry i missed that.

0 Likes