cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

settle
Challenger

Strange Dynamic-Link Libraries Symbolic Linkages in GLES SDK

I couldn't help but notice something I consider strange in the GLES SDK.  The dynamic-link libraries seem to be linked in the reverse order, .e.g., libEGL.so.1 -> libEGL.so, and libGLESv2.so.1 -> libGLESv2.so.  Shouldn't these be changed to libEGL.so -> libEGL.so.1, and libGLESv2.so -> libGLESv2.so.1?

Also, the file directory hierarchy could use some consistency across the SDKs and libraries.  For example, some libraries use lib32 and lib64, others use lib/x86 and lib/x86_64, and I think I also saw one with lib/x86-64.  If these were more or less standardized within AMD it would make installation and configuration much easier with a common linux user profile script template.  Just a kind request.

0 Likes
1 Solution
gsellers
Staff

Hi,

That does seem to be backwards. Thanks for pointing that out. I believe the issue stems from the fact that we're using the same source and build system on Windows and Linux; the Windows binaries do not include Unix-style versioning and just build libGLESv2.dll and libEGL.dll. We'll see if we can fix the build to reverse this and post an update.

As for standardizing SDK naming conventions, that's a laudable goal, but would involve many teams. Let me see what I can do...

Cheers,

Graham

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
gsellers
Staff

Hi,

That does seem to be backwards. Thanks for pointing that out. I believe the issue stems from the fact that we're using the same source and build system on Windows and Linux; the Windows binaries do not include Unix-style versioning and just build libGLESv2.dll and libEGL.dll. We'll see if we can fix the build to reverse this and post an update.

As for standardizing SDK naming conventions, that's a laudable goal, but would involve many teams. Let me see what I can do...

Cheers,

Graham

0 Likes

Hi Graham,

Thanks for the reply.

I just tried redownloading the AMD GLES SDK at

http://developer.amd.com/samples/sampleapps/pages/AMDOpenGLESSDK.aspx, but the link seems to be down.  Perhaps someone is in the process of updating it.  Do you happen to know when it'll be available again?

Thanks!

0 Likes

Hi,

I just tried the link and it's working for me. Perhaps there was a temporary outage on the web server. This was not intentional as far as I know and the package has not been updated. Let me know if it's still not working and I'll follow up with the appropriate people.

Thanks,

Graham

Hi Graham,

It's up and working again here too, thanks!

0 Likes