cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

pwimmer
Adept I

Stereoscopic 3D in Radeon driver

I've read in the press that the next driver release will support stereoscopic 3D. How do I access this feature from my application? I'm mainly interested in displaying a stereo image or stereo video (thus a left and a right texture) in stereoscopic 3D.

Is there a documentation of the upcoming stereo features?

0 Likes
4 Replies
nou
Exemplar

in OpenGL you can set

glDrawBuffer(GL_BACK_LEFT);
//draw picture for left eye
gDrawBuffer(GL_BACK_RIGHT);
//draw picture for right eye

so i think it should work when you create stereo buffer. DirectX should have similiar functions.

0 Likes
hypercube
Journeyman III

have a look at http://www.fbi.h-da.de/labore/virtual-reality/basiswissen/stereoskopie.html, at the bottom there is an example for both OpenGL and DirectX.

0 Likes

Stereoscopic example created with the language OpenCL can be found out at many of website relating the graphic interface. The website of DirectX by Microsoft also provides the necessary information for this. Stereoscopic 3D effects are now introduced in the Radeon Graphic driver. This can be accessed by installing the corresponding driver to the Windows system files. Sometimes Windows may find difficult to adjust with the latest feature. But by making a updating relating the latest graphic feature may become a solution.

0 Likes

What is a typical consumer hardware configuration (3D monitor, emitter+glasses) that works with radeon cards?

There is a webpage that lists the hardware officially supported by ATI cards for stereoscopic 3D vision?

Thank you.

0 Likes