Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

ginquo
Adept II

Status of cl_khr_gl_event and GL_ARB_cl_event support

Hello,

am I correct in understanding that the current Catalyst drivers don't have support for the OpenCL event <-> OpenGL sync object translation extensions cl_khr_gl_event and GL_ARB_cl_event?

These extensions would be very useful to me in order to reduce CL/GL synchronization overhead.

Is this on AMD's roadmap for future driver releases? Are there any other methods for fine-grain synchronization of OpenCL and OpenGL I am not aware of?

Best, Thomas

0 Likes
5 Replies
himanshu_gautam
Grandmaster

Please provide us the catalyst driver and opencl version you are using.

0 Likes

Hi Himanshu,

I'm using the Catalyst 13.11 V1 Beta driver for 64-bit Linux. The OpenCL version I am using is 1.2.

You can find my clinfo output here:

gist:cd95eae32d26dbc44675

I'm mostly using platform 0, which is the 13.11beta catalyst.

0 Likes

Hi

The latest catalyst supports opencl 1.2 which has the extension for these events.

So try installing the latest catalyst and opencl1.2 and test these and let us know the results.

0 Likes

Hmm.. I think I have the most recent driver installed (13.11 V6 beta) and I don't believe the mentioned extensions are available there. I will check again once I come back from APU13.

0 Likes

Yes. You are correct. The latest catalyst driver is not supporting the extions which you mentioned above.

I suggest you to use older catlyst which actually supports this for your work. We regret the inconvience about .

I dont have any information about whether they will be supporting this in future release.

0 Likes