cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

rnickb
Journeyman III

SPIR and SVM?

Is it possible to use SVM with SPIR kernels? I've been trying various versions of the attached code, but can't seem to get anything to work.

0 Likes
4 Replies
dipak
Big Boss

AFAIK, SPIR2.0 is going to support OpenCL2.0 core features like SVM, Generic Address Space, Pipe etc. However, the spec is till not finalized; only a provisional version is available [SPIR - The Standard Portable Intermediate Representation for Device Programs] [Khronos SPIR Registry]. I don't know whether clang or any other tool supports the generation of SPIR code compatible with OpenCL 2.0. May I know how did you generate this SPIR code?

Regards,

0 Likes

There's a branch of clang here that generates provisional SPIR 2.0 code (https://github.com/KhronosGroup/SPIR/tree/spir_20_provisional)

0 Likes

Thanks for sharing the link. I was not aware of this. I've already asked someone to look into this topic. Once done, I'll share our findings with you.

Regards,

0 Likes

Update:

While reproducing the issue with latest driver, we faced some problem during consumption of SPIR. We've asked the concerned team for more information. As soon as we get any update, we'll share with you. Thanks for your patience.

Regards,

0 Likes