Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

dravisher
Journeyman III

[SOLVED] Trying to compile hello world program

Lots of error messages that I don't understand

Hi. I'm trying to compile the hello world program presented here:

http://developer.amd.com/gpu/ATIStreamSDK/pages/TutorialOpenCL.aspx

I've copied everything up to and including the 5 first lines of the main function, and added return 0 at the end. The code is attached.

I'm using Visual Studio 2008 Professional SP1,  on Windows 7 x64 (with 64-bit version of Stream SDK). The errors generated are:

1>.\OCLTest.cpp(25) : error C2039: 'vector' : is not a member of 'std'
1>.\OCLTest.cpp(25) : error C2065: 'vector' : undeclared identifier
1>.\OCLTest.cpp(25) : error C2653: 'cl' : is not a class or namespace name
1>.\OCLTest.cpp(25) : error C2065: 'Platform' : undeclared identifier
1>.\OCLTest.cpp(25) : error C2065: 'platformList' : undeclared identifier
1>.\OCLTest.cpp(26) : error C2653: 'cl' : is not a class or namespace name
1>.\OCLTest.cpp(26) : error C2065: 'platformList' : undeclared identifier
1>.\OCLTest.cpp(26) : error C3861: 'get': identifier not found
1>.\OCLTest.cpp(27) : error C2065: 'platformList' : undeclared identifier
1>.\OCLTest.cpp(27) : error C2228: left of '.size' must have class/struct/union
1> type is ''unknown-type''
1>.\OCLTest.cpp(28) : error C2065: 'platformList' : undeclared identifier
1>.\OCLTest.cpp(28) : error C2228: left of '.size' must have class/struct/union

It does seem like I've added the Stream SDK include directory correctly (since there are no errors pertaining to the include statements), and I've also tried to add opencl.lib as a dependency, but to no avail. Please note that I'm certainly a newbie at this. Though I have programmed several C++ applications in numerical physics using MPI, that is the extent of my programming knowledge, so I may have missed something trivial here.

If anyone would be bothered to point me in the right direction that would be great

Edit: forgot to specify, this is with v2.01 of the SDK.

#include <utility> #define __NO_STD_VECTOR // Use cl::vector and cl::string and #define __NO_STD_STRING // not STL versions, more on this later #include <CL/cl.h> #include <cstdio> #include <cstdlib> #include <fstream> #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <iterator> inline void checkErr(cl_int err, const char * name) { if (err != CL_SUCCESS) { std::cerr << "ERROR: " << name << " (" << err << ")" << std::endl; exit(EXIT_FAILURE); } } int main(void){ cl_int err; std::vector< cl::Platform > platformList; cl::Platform::get(&platformList); checkErr(platformList.size()!=0 ? CL_SUCCESS : -1, "cl::Platform::get"); std::cerr << "Platform number is: " << platformList.size() << std::endl; return 0; }

0 Likes
3 Replies
dravisher
Journeyman III

Changed #include <CL/cl.h> to <CL/cl.hpp> to (don't know how I that error got in there), and now my error messages are:

1>C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Stream\include\CL/cl.hpp(1388) : error C3861: 'alloca': identifier not found 1>C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Stream\include\CL/cl.hpp(1407) : error C3861: 'alloca': identifier not found 1>C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Stream\include\CL/cl.hpp(1658) : error C3861: 'alloca': identifier not found 1>C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Stream\include\CL/cl.hpp(3379) : error C3861: 'alloca': identifier not found 1>C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Stream\include\CL/cl.hpp(3380) : error C3861: 'alloca': identifier not found 1>C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Stream\include\CL/cl.hpp(3459) : error C3861: 'alloca': identifier not found 1>C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Stream\include\CL/cl.hpp(3460) : error C3861: 'alloca': identifier not found 1>C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Stream\include\CL/cl.hpp(3708) : error C3861: 'alloca': identifier not found 1>.\OCLTest.cpp(25) : error C2039: 'vector' : is not a member of 'std' 1>.\OCLTest.cpp(25) : error C2065: 'vector' : undeclared identifier 1>.\OCLTest.cpp(25) : error C2275: 'cl::Platform' : illegal use of this type as an expression 1>.\OCLTest.cpp(25) : error C2065: 'platformList' : undeclared identifier 1>.\OCLTest.cpp(26) : error C2065: 'platformList' : undeclared identifier 1>.\OCLTest.cpp(27) : error C2065: 'platformList' : undeclared identifier 1>.\OCLTest.cpp(27) : error C2228: left of '.size' must have class/struct/union 1> type is ''unknown-type'' 1>.\OCLTest.cpp(28) : error C2065: 'platformList' : undeclared identifier 1>.\OCLTest.cpp(28) : error C2228: left of '.size' must have class/struct/union 1> type is ''unknown-type''

0 Likes

You have defined __NO_STD_VECTOR macro in your code but, still you are using std::vector. Either remove __NO_STD_VECTOR & __NO_STD_STRING or use cl::vector and cl::string class instead of std::vector and std::string.

0 Likes

Thanks for your input, but my problem was solved here:

http://forums.amd.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=390&threadid=128437&enterthread=y

This thread was originally posted in the wrong forum (stream forum), and was later moved here.

0 Likes