cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

mihzaha
Journeyman III

small troubles

copy struct, function vs direct, as_uchar4(float)

Hi there

I bumped in a lot of small problems, and I don't know why and how to evoid them:

1)

I have some structures:

typedef struct Material

{

uchar4 culoare;

char4 normala;

uchar2 reflexivitate;

uchar2 transparenta;

ushort luminozitate;

uchar densitate;

}__attribute__((aligned(16))) material;

typedef struct Voxel

{

uint fiu[8];

material m;

uchar padd1[5];

uint parinte;

uchar padd2[4];

}__attribute__((aligned(16))) voxel;

If I try to do :

voxel new_voxel=old_voxel; 

some of the fields don't copy correctly (new_voxel.m.densitate differs from old_voxel.m.densitate)

Copying the fields one by one works.

So I decided to make a function CopyVoxel(voxel *dest, voxel source); which copies the fields one by one. Which curiously, it seamed to work (even thou source is sent by value...). Which leads to the second problem:

2) The copy function doesn't always work, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't and I have to copy the fields inside my code, which isn't very nice. Using 'inline' before the copy function doesn't work either (but I understand it is implicit so that's why it works ... sometimes).

3)I have another struct 'raza' which has a float member 'dim'. whenever I try to do as_uchar4(raza->dim), at runtime, the program crashes (llc.exe has stopped working). I have to do: cl_int temp=raza->dim*100; as_uchar4(temp); and /100 the rez to save some decimals. (doesn't seam to work with float directly either)

Any idea, the struct part is important, because I can't get it to work and I don't know which of them is the problem.

Mihai Zaharescu

0 Likes
2 Replies
genaganna
Journeyman III

Please try with following.

typedef struct Material

{

uchar4 culoare;

char4 normala;

uchar2 reflexivitate;

uchar2 transparenta;

ushort luminozitate;

uchar densitate;

uchar dummy;

}__attribute__((aligned(16))) material;

0 Likes

Thank you

moved the padd[5] inside the material and changed aligned with pack and it seams to work

0 Likes