Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

shankha
Journeyman III

Size of AMD OpenCL Compiler

Hi,
Will it be possible for you to tell me if there is a way I can calculate size of AMD OpenCL compiler(size on disk). Does the size of libOpenCl.a gives me a approximate idea on the size of AMD OpenCL Compiler.

Thanks

0 Likes
10 Replies
nou
Exemplar

libOpenCL.so is only a ICD loader. which is quite small. actual implementation is in libamdocl[32|64}.so and also compiler.

0 Likes

Does this library happen to be part of the SDK installtion ? I don't see it under my SDK installation directories.  I have the following librariess part of my installation :
aticalcl, aticalcl64, aticalrt, aticalrt64.
Does this  library comprise of the compiler only or there are other components which are part of this library?

Thanks

0 Likes

There is no way to differentiate between the runtime and the compiler, so you cannot tell the size of just the compiler by itself, only of the OpenCL runtime.
0 Likes

Originally posted by: MicahVillmow There is no way to differentiate between the runtime and the compiler, so you cannot tell the size of just the compiler by itself, only of the OpenCL runtime.

Can you please give me a rough estimate of the size of AMD OpenCL compiler if is it possible.

0 Likes

If possible can you give me a estimate of the size of the compiler. What the runtime is composed of ? The builtin math functions or there are other constituents.

Will it be possible for you to let me know the location of (compiler + runtime) library on windows or it's name.

Thanks

0 Likes

The compiler and the runtime are not separate components, so there is no 'size' of them individually. You can look at the size of the amd ocl libraries shipped in the SDK/driver to determine the size it is for your OS/bitness.
0 Likes

shankha,
nou already mentioned the name of the library for linux, on windows it is amdocl[32|64].dll.
0 Likes

Hi MicahVillmow,

Is this library (amdoc ) part of the OpenCL SDK installation or is installed as part of the driver. Currently I don't have driver installed and fail to find the library under my installation folders.

Thanks

0 Likes

This should get installed with both the SDK and Catalyst on windows and with the SDK on linux, but with catalyst in the future.
0 Likes

Found it.
It was under Windows/system32. I was seraching it under SDK installation folders.

Thanks

0 Likes