cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

bubu
Adept II

sdk installer 2.8.1.0 for windows = a chaos

I really don't understand the installer you did...

1. I select a target dir d:\APPSDK  .... then, why it installs into other dirs and, at the end of the process, there are ZERO files where I indicated to install?

All it's installed into c:\Program Files, etc...

2. After installation, SDK is not shown at Control Panel -> Programs and files .... but merged into the "AMD Catalyst Install Manager".

Windows has its own install system, then why you try to merge it into your own install system? It's pretty confusing.

3. If you uninstall the SDK and then you try to install it again, the examples's package fails.

4. You deploy it as .zip. Thenm we must unzip it, then a WinZIP extract dialog appears, then the .exe installer.... wow... complicated.

I would use instead a 7zip self extracting file, which stores all in the default temp folder. Much simpler and you get much better compression.

5. Where is the profiler and offline kernel compiler/analyzer, pls?

0 Likes
3 Replies
himanshu_gautam
Grandmaster

I have asked the relevant team to take a look at it.

Thanks for your patience. Some one will attend you shortly..

- Bruhaspati

0 Likes

Hi,

Here is the response from the APP SDK Team.

Feedback is appreciated and acknowledged. APP SDK has been part of the Catalyst Install Manager, which is
why it appears there on the control panel. We will be addressing these gaps in the forthcoming APP SDK releases.

- Bruhaspati

0 Likes
himanshu_gautam
Grandmaster

Profiler -- You can use CodeXL.

APP Kernel Analyzer -- You can do static analysis in CodeXL.

If you are still in need of old tools, you can see the URL below.

But these are all UNSUPPORTED and superceded by CodeXL

http://developer.amd.com/tools-and-sdks/heterogeneous-computing/archived-tools/

0 Likes