Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

spectral
Adept II

SDK 2.9 - Platform name : OpenCL 1.1

Hi,

I have just install the SDK 2.9 on a test machine WITHOUT GPU, I only want to support OpenCL on the CPU for this test (before switching completely to SDK 2.9/OpenCL 1.2).

The problem is that the platform name remain "OpenCL 1.1" !

(Notice that I also have Intel SDK and NVIDIA SDK... only NVIDIA one is 1.1). I have also look for all the "opencl.dll" ... deleted all the files with version 1.1 (except the one in the NVIDIA folder), but it does not solve the problem.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
moozoo
Adept III

Well.... they mucked this up before and I reported it.

i.e. the SDK had an old CPU OpenCL driver.

If you can find a copy of the 13.4? graphics driver download and open them as an archive (I use 7-zip)

In the Packagers folder you will find the CPU based opencl installer.

Extract it and install it.

I can't confirm which graphics driver it was in because their previous driver downloads isn't working for me.

Just so you know that the AMD CPU opencl 1.2 exists here is some parts of my clinfo (I have intel opencl 1.2 installed as well)

Number of platforms:                         2
  Platform Profile:                          FULL_PROFILE
  Platform Version:                          OpenCL 1.2
  Platform Name:                             Intel(R) OpenCL
  Platform Vendor:                           Intel(R) Corporation
  Platform Extensions:                       cl_khr_fp64 cl_khr_icd cl_khr_global_int32_base_atomics cl_khr_global_int32_extended_atomics cl_khr_local_int32_base_atomics cl_khr_local_int32_extende

d_atomics cl_khr_byte_addressable_store cl_intel_printf cl_ext_device_fission cl_intel_exec_by_local_thread cl_khr_gl_sharing cl_intel_dx9_media_sharing cl_khr_dx9_media_sharing cl_khr_d3d11_sharing

Platform Version:                          OpenCL 1.2 AMD-APP (1016.4)
  Platform Name:                             AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing
  Platform Vendor:                           Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
  Platform Extensions:                       cl_khr_icd cl_amd_event_callback cl_amd_offline_devices cl_khr_d3d10_sharing cl_khr_d3d11_sharing cl_khr_dx9_media_sharing

and further down

Number of devices:                           1
  Device Type:                               CL_DEVICE_TYPE_CPU
  Device ID:                                 4098

Board name:

Max compute units:                        

Platform ID:                               000007FEC3EF7C78
  Name:                                              Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz
  Vendor:                                    GenuineIntel
  Device OpenCL C version:                   OpenCL C 1.2
  Driver version:                            1016.4 (sse2,avx)
  Profile:                                   FULL_PROFILE
  Version:                                   OpenCL 1.2 AMD-APP (1016.4)
  Extensions:                                cl_khr_fp64 cl_amd_fp64 cl_khr_global_int32_base_atomics cl_khr_global_int32_extended_atomics cl_khr_local_int32_base_atomics cl_khr_local_int32_extend

ed_atomics cl_khr_int64_base_atomics cl_khr_int64_extended_atomics cl_khr_3d_image_writes cl_khr_byte_addressable_store cl_khr_gl_sharing cl_ext_device_fission cl_amd_device_attribute_query cl_amd_vec

3 cl_amd_printf cl_amd_media_ops cl_amd_popcnt cl_khr_d3d10_sharing

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
moozoo
Adept III

Well.... they mucked this up before and I reported it.

i.e. the SDK had an old CPU OpenCL driver.

If you can find a copy of the 13.4? graphics driver download and open them as an archive (I use 7-zip)

In the Packagers folder you will find the CPU based opencl installer.

Extract it and install it.

I can't confirm which graphics driver it was in because their previous driver downloads isn't working for me.

Just so you know that the AMD CPU opencl 1.2 exists here is some parts of my clinfo (I have intel opencl 1.2 installed as well)

Number of platforms:                         2
  Platform Version:                          OpenCL 1.2
  Platform Name:                             Intel(R) OpenCL
  Platform Vendor:                           Intel(R) Corporation
  Platform Extensions:                       cl_khr_fp64 cl_khr_icd cl_khr_global_int32_base_atomics cl_khr_global_int32_extended_atomics cl_khr_local_int32_base_atomics cl_khr_local_int32_extende

d_atomics cl_khr_byte_addressable_store cl_intel_printf cl_ext_device_fission cl_intel_exec_by_local_thread cl_khr_gl_sharing cl_intel_dx9_media_sharing cl_khr_dx9_media_sharing cl_khr_d3d11_sharing

Platform Version:                          OpenCL 1.2 AMD-APP (1016.4)
  Platform Vendor:                           Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
  Platform Extensions:                       cl_khr_icd cl_amd_event_callback cl_amd_offline_devices cl_khr_d3d10_sharing cl_khr_d3d11_sharing cl_khr_dx9_media_sharing

and further down

Number of devices:                           1
  Device Type:                               CL_DEVICE_TYPE_CPU
  Device ID:                                 4098

Board name:

Max compute units:                        

Platform ID:                               000007FEC3EF7C78
  Name:                                              Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz
  Vendor:                                    GenuineIntel
  Device OpenCL C version:                   OpenCL C 1.2
  Driver version:                            1016.4 (sse2,avx)
  Profile:                                   FULL_PROFILE
  Version:                                   OpenCL 1.2 AMD-APP (1016.4)
  Extensions:                                cl_khr_fp64 cl_amd_fp64 cl_khr_global_int32_base_atomics cl_khr_global_int32_extended_atomics cl_khr_local_int32_base_atomics cl_khr_local_int32_extend

ed_atomics cl_khr_int64_base_atomics cl_khr_int64_extended_atomics cl_khr_3d_image_writes cl_khr_byte_addressable_store cl_khr_gl_sharing cl_ext_device_fission cl_amd_device_attribute_query cl_amd_vec

3 cl_amd_printf cl_amd_media_ops cl_amd_popcnt cl_khr_d3d10_sharing

0 Likes