cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

soylentgraham
Adept II

Re: SDK 2.8.1 - Compiler crashes/Undeclared function index 1036 (with -cl-opt-disable)

Coming back to this, when the attached code (blobpair.cl) is compiled, it crashes at runtime (accessing 0x0000000 during clBuildProgram) and crashes KA2 (though that obviously has an exception handler)

If I add -cl-opt-disable, it doesn't crash and compiles & runs okay.

Using 13.6 beta2 drivers/CCC on a ATI Radeon 5670

0 Likes
himanshu_gautam
Grandmaster

Re: SDK 2.8.1 - Compiler crashes/Undeclared function index 1036 (with -cl-opt-disable)

I will let you know my findings soon. BTW, could not reproduce it on linux, so probably a windows only a issue.

0 Likes
himanshu_gautam
Grandmaster

Forwarded to the OCL Compiler Team. Thanks for reporting it.

0 Likes
soylentgraham
Adept II

This still occurs with 13.8 BETA drivers. KA2 closes with the error;

"Fatal compiler error encountered. KernelAnalyzer will now close."

Also still crashes in my app with a reading 0x0 exception in clBuildProgram.

0 Likes
himanshu_gautam
Grandmaster

Please have some patience. The bugs reported by you had been filed, and will be included in a near future driver release cycle.

0 Likes
soylentgraham
Adept II

Oh it's not impatience, I just wanted to keep you updated that the latest drivers -just released- don't fix it.
If they HAD fixed it, I thought you'd want to know too?

It's not unheard of for newly released drivers to unintentionally fix bugs

I feel it's pretty standard procedure in software development cycles when new firmware/sdk/drivers are released you test your app and unit tests against all known issues (and non-issues). Just as a QA team would test known bugs against new software releases. (I've only been doing this for 13 years though)

pinform
Staff
Staff

We were able to reproduce the issue with the latest driver.  We will keep you updated on the resolution.

0 Likes