When I install the ATI Stream Profiler "installation wizard" says "Searching for installed applications"... and takes forever.
I'm using W7 x64 Home Premium, VS2008 SP1/VS2010, a Radeon 5750 and Cat 10.7
Originally posted by: ryta1203 The install for the profiler for me took forever too; however, it's profiler 1.4 right? Are you thinking of the SKA? Cuz that is 1.6.
My fault, I was confusing it with the SKA, sorry.
But, yep, takes forever. It's bugged.
Don't even bothering installing 2.2 or 10.7. My kernels (along with some samples) have taken a large GPR hit with the "new" SDK/Drivers.
I'm not sure whether this was done on purpose by AMD or not (can't see why it would be though).
BlackScholes sample SDK.
The first ISA is from SDK 2.1
The second ISA is from SDK 2.2
Why was the GPR increased? Does this have anything to do with the cache?
I also notice that the stack size has changed? Is this to increase performance?
;SQ_PGM_RESOURCES = 0x30000110 SQ_PGM_RESOURCES:NUM_GPRS = 16 SQ_PGM_RESOURCES:STACK_SIZE = 1 SQ_PGM_RESOURCES:PRIME_CACHE_ENABLE = 1 ;SQ_PGM_RESOURCES_2 = 0x000000C0 SQ_LDS_ALLOC:SIZE = 0x00000000 ; RatOpIsUsed = 0x2 ; NumThreadPerGroupFlattened = 256 ; SetBufferForNumGroup = true ;SQ_PGM_RESOURCES = 0x3000001F SQ_PGM_RESOURCES:NUM_GPRS = 31 SQ_PGM_RESOURCES:STACK_SIZE = 0 SQ_PGM_RESOURCES:PRIME_CACHE_ENABLE = 1 ;SQ_PGM_RESOURCES_2 = 0x000000C0 SQ_LDS_ALLOC:SIZE = 0x00000000 ; RatOpIsUsed = 0x2 ; NumThreadPerGroupFlattened = 256 ; SetBufferForNumGroup = true
Originally posted by: MicahVillmow Ryta, Can you provide some sample test cases to email@example.com showing this issue?
I must be missing something. If you could just verify that this is incorrect or not that would be great, should be simple since I just used one of your own samples.
Originally posted by: MicahVillmow Ok, thanks I'll take a look into this.
I'm referring to the installer btw. I simply cannot install the ATI Stram Profiler 1.4 because the installer takes forever "Searching for installed applications..."
ATI Stream Profiler 1.4 does take a while to install now (~10 minutes on our systems here---the second install is much faster though). It performs some initial setups and registers the plugin with Visual Studio during that time. We are looking for ways to speed up this process. Thank you for the feedback.