cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

spectral
Adept II

SDK 2.1 still need a console window !!!!

Hi,

We are using the SDK 2.1 and we see that under WinXP we still need to have a console window. If not, the SDK will open 3 console windows and then close them just after.

0 Likes
8 Replies
omkaranathan
Adept I

Could you please explain? In which app are you seeing the console windows?

0 Likes

I just commited a post, "DOS Shell poping up on clBuildProgram", addressing the same problem. I think shell pops up on the call to clBuildProgram. It has been the same under the 2.0 sdk.

----------

OpenCL Studio (www.opencldev.com)

0 Likes

That's right, it sounds that it is related to clBuildProgram...

0 Likes

Yes, the same happens to me.

Each time I call clBuildProgram a MS-DOS console window appears. I think it's because ATI is calling the OpenCL compiler from the command line instead of invoking it from a DLL.

Pls, fix it. Looks not very professional.

0 Likes

This is something we are in the process of working on. The problem is stemming from the fact that clc.exe, our frontend, is ran out of process, causing the popup window.
0 Likes

Micah,

Will this be fixed in the next release?  This issue has been frequently reported against the past two releases.

If it's being delayed because the frontend is moving to be in process, perhaps a stopgap would be to make a version of clc.exe that is not a console application but instead a windowed application with no window. (like javaw.exe vs java.exe if you are familiar with Java on Windows)

Given all the other advances that have been made I think it's remarkable that this hasn't been addressed yet.  Second to  the lack of an end user runtime this is probably the most important "outside the spec" problem with the StreamSDK.

0 Likes

The lovely console window still pops with the SDK 2.2....

0 Likes

Originally posted by: MicahVillmow

This is something we are in the process of working on. The problem is stemming from the fact that clc.exe, our frontend, is ran out of process, causing the popup window.

It should be possible to add some command line parameter when it called from application to instruct clc.exe to hide its own console window.
When window popups ~20 times per app launch it's really annoying... And it will do if there are many build program calls in app.
0 Likes