cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

blindsniper
Journeyman III

Running HVM on XEN,OpenCL Program Failed:GPU not found.Falling back toCPU device.

I'm running a HVM virtual machine on XEN,installed AMD E6760 driver and OpenCL SDK on DomainU, with PCI passthrough,

I can list bus and device on domainU which deserved to GPU. While running OpenCL samples it turned out that "GPU not found,Falling

back to CPU device." I think it is that there is no monitor on a virtual machine,when I'm running OpenCL program remotely with SSH,without

power on the machine with a monitor,it will turned out the same result.Then how can I use the GPU device,in OpenCL program,with out a monitor,

I just want to install the GPU on a embeded system,which has no monitor,the GPU is just used for computing.

0 Likes
4 Replies
blindsniper
Journeyman III

anyone can help, I would deeply appreciate. It troubled me some days.

0 Likes

Hi blindsniper,

It seems that gpu couldn't work as an opencl device on VM, but cpu could be.

Thank you.

0 Likes
nou
Exemplar

well if you have functional PCI pass through then you must also have running Xserver on that virtual server so fglrx is loaded. after that log into that Xsession and after that you can run "export COMPUTE=:0" then you should have functional GPU for computing

0 Likes

when I startx on virtual server, the X process maintain the usage of 100%  all the time, does the driver of AMD support the X on virtual server or need I improve the CPU configuration of the  phycisal machine?

0 Likes