cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

scotty300582
Journeyman III

rendering

i everybody, i'm very interesting about gpgpu. There is any rendering program that use this tecnology (for example vray).

There is any plugin for 3d studio that use gpgpu?

thx

0 Likes
4 Replies

Hi scotty300582,

We are working with several companies to have them port their applications and plug ins to take advantage of ATI Stream technology.

I am not currently aware of any 3D Studio plugin currently available that utilizes ATI Stream technology for acceleration. But, the available plugins and applications will be expanding in the coming months.

Michael.

0 Likes

Originally posted by: michael.chu Hi scotty300582,

We are working with several companies to have them port their applications and plug ins to take advantage of ATI Stream technology.

I am not currently aware of any 3D Studio plugin currently available that utilizes ATI Stream technology for acceleration. But, the available plugins and applications will be expanding in the coming months.

Michael.

so where is it?, even till now, a few months from the release of vray rt gpu none of ati hd 4xxx (which is mine) seems to  work on 3dsmax, which the chaos group claim can be use with open cl.

and it seems to be somes of hd5xxx and hd6xxx series doesnt supported either.

this realy bother me, cause maybe we already know that almost of nvidia card starting from 8xxx series already supported the vray rt gpu on 3dsmax.although they ve only  got dx 10 capabilities (the 8xxx series and 2xx). and they faster on similiar price.(read it somewhere, someday...forgot)

so ?? dont answer with just "buy a new one, or we are sorry cause we dont work with that company, or else".

btw don't get me wrong here. its like im whining here but yes i'm,he2 cause  base on the fact that my card supposed to be an dx 10.1 and yes its an open cl card (the ati/amd already announced it since the release of ati stream sdk, cmiiw). please dont let us down.

regard red and black card lover..hehe

0 Likes

Thanks for the request. I can't promise anything but will let the concerned people know about it.

0 Likes

We are also working on a "rendering" software and we currently support the AMD/ATI video card and CPU.

We are not ready for a release but we expect to release our technology preview in a few month.

We are also collaborating with AMD to optimize for ATI GPU... & CPU of course 🙂

You can follow the developer blog at :

http://spectralbattle.wordpress.com/

We expect to put more results in the futur... but for now, sorry you have to wait a little bit...

Regards

0 Likes