cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

vu64
Journeyman III

Radeon 5970 and multi-GPU

Does the AMD Stream SDK released today have support for more than 4 GPUs on a system? If it does I will install four 5970s to get 8 GPUs on a system.

0 Likes
6 Replies
iAndrei
Journeyman III

Good question!
0 Likes

i think yes. zpdixon have three 5970 so six GPU. but there is som weird problem that second GPU of each card run only on idle 2D clock.

0 Likes
vu64
Journeyman III

Can anyone from AMD have a say on this? When will we be able to do things that Nvidia has enabled long time ago ?

0 Likes

vu64,
Outside of the reported clocking issue on the 2nd chip of the 5970, I'm not aware of any issues with sticking 4 GPU's in a machine as long as the Motherboard/Chipset support it. This would give you 8 devices if they were the dual chip cards. I have a machine with three GPU's in it, but I don't have any 5970's or 4870x2's to test it myself for more than 4 devices.
0 Likes

Can you ask ATI developers ? I think they can give an answers. Having 8 devices at full speed is really good.

0 Likes

vu64,
Most of the dev's are on vacation until the new year, and I don't have the cards to test in my machine. The problem zpdixon found has been reported, but that shouldn't stop from a machine from being able to use 4 5970's.
0 Likes