cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

blrg891
Journeyman III

Querying devices

Hello, I am currently running catylist 10.4 with sdk version 2.1. I managed to get everything installed after a big headache. A problem I am running in to is that when I run CLInfo from the samples given in the sdk it only shows that I have a single OpencL device wich is my CPU, however I installed the right drivers and everything. Am I missing something? I rebooted to make sure it was due to that, but i still only get my processor listed as the only OpenCL device. I am running a Radeon HD5870 on CentOS5.4(RedHat5.4).

0 Likes
2 Replies
nou
Exemplar

this is most likely bug in instalation of catalyst driver. is 3D acceleration working? what is return FindNumDevices from CAL samples?

0 Likes

Well, here is the real kicker the sdk when it was installed failed when compiling the CAL samples, but compiled the OpenCl samples fine. I have tried installing the ati driver a few times. The first time i used the custom option and included all of the utilities. The second time I used a specific build for RHED5. It seems like it installs far quicker than it should.

0 Likes