cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

jepremjan
Journeyman III

Problems with latest AMD drivers

Alright i got some issues with AMD drivers, as usual, in the meanwhile i'm trying to uphold my patience before ramming a gun into my video cards, cause God knows its my first and last time buying Amd/Ati cards, for there has yet a time to come where i install the latest drivers without problems.

Anyhow, enough of my QQ, so after the usual problems i finally managed to install 12.6, and it said that it successfully installed it afterwards, but 2 things.

1, my catalyst center still shows that i have 12.1 (yes i don't install latest drivers unless i absolutely have to even tho id love to, but knowing that every time there are so many problems id rather not to, once again unless i have to). So why does it not say 12.6?

Second problem, each time i restart my pc since of today i get the following error message, screenshot below:

Untitled-1.png

Any help with these problems is appreciated

PS: Sorry the msg is in Dutch, if you are familiar with it tho you shouldn't have a problem recognizing it.

PSS: Im running duel 6990's if that is of any valued information.

0 Likes
5 Replies
kcarney
Staff

Oh man, that sounds really frustrating. Sorry to hear it.

Since you haven't got any replies yet in the software developers forum, try the following resources:

Good luck!

Kristen

0 Likes

how come you post the same exact thing to all most every one with these types of questions?

0 Likes

Because I'm trying to help the posters get the fastest & most accurate replies to their Catalyst questions--which typically happens by using the 3 resources linked to above rather than here in the software developers forum.

0 Likes
yurtesen
Miniboss

Try this: http://www.overclock.net/t/1236250/amd-avt-folder-and-kdbsync-exe#post_17011164  I usually do not install the video transcoding drivers in my machines and it is probably unnecessary unless you are using such functions...

About 12.1 / 12.6 ... well, I used to see 12.3 for a while but now it shows 12.6 (I have no idea what fixed that). Here is the software info from CCC from my machine, if you would like to compare some numbers...

Driver Packaging Version    8.98-120522a-139735E-ATI

Catalyst Version    12.6

Provider    Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

2D Driver Version    8.01.01.1253

2D Driver File Path    /REGISTRY/MACHINE/SYSTEM/ControlSet002/Control/CLASS/{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}/0000

Direct3D Version    9.14.10.0920

OpenGL Version    6.14.10.11733

AMD VISION Engine Control Center Version    2012.0522.2128.36590

AMD Audio Driver Version    7.12.0.7704

All I can think of is uninstalling all amd software and re-installing 12.6 clean... Do you have any other AMD drivers? SATA/RAID/Chipset etc? you might want to update them too...

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/raid_windows.aspx

(strange link but opens chipset drivers....)

0 Likes
yurtesen
Miniboss

Yesterday I realized 12.6 does not appears to install any drivers to my laptop. Instead 12.7 beta and 12.3 are suggesting driver installation only (I dont even see Display Driver option in 12.4 and 12.6 setup).

So, maybe you could try to install 12.3 and then upgrade to 12.6 or install 12.7 beta directly (although in my case 12.7 caused youtube videos to crash the laptop). If I install 12.6 after 12.3 I see 12.3 in CCC, however this all works fine with my desktop machine somehow and I see 12.6...

I agree AMD should fix these issues... it is not nice at all!

0 Likes