cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

binying
Challenger

Re: Problems with Cat 12.10 and up and HD7xxx (and not only) GPUs

yes, I can provide build with very verbose output. So it will be seen what last API call was before restart.

--it's perhaps better than none.

0 Likes
Raistmer
Adept II

Here it is: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/60381958/Bad_binaries_with_Cat12.11beta8_test_case.7z

I added verbose build to same archive as before.

It will write logs into stderr.txt in same dir.

0 Likes
freighter
Journeyman III

Had some time to test this apps issue on two 64bit openSuse Linux hosts (same sources as on windows).

Sadly was able to reproduce the problem found on windows on one of the hosts with two Radeon HD 7750 with Cat. 12.11beta8 and beta11. It causes a complete system freeze (screen active, system does not respond to any actions, like mouse or keyboard, anymore.) and makes a hard reboot necessary. This system has only PCIe2.0 slots available, while the second host, which does NOT reproduce this problem has a Radeon HD 7850 residing in a PCIe3.0 slot. Maybe this is connected, maybe not, at least some observation.

So, if there is a fix for windows please make sure you have one for Linux as well.

0 Likes
Raistmer
Adept II

So, what the current status of this issue ?

0 Likes
binying
Challenger

It should be taken care of by the engineering team of AMD, although I haven't heard back from them.

0 Likes
Raistmer
Adept II

Problem not fixed in Cat 13.1, I have reports that driver restart occurs on 13.1 too.

0 Likes
Raistmer
Adept II

Looks like problem not fixed in Catalyst 13.2 beta 3 too.

Now CL file just can't be compiled at all:

OpenCL Platform Name:

AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing
Number of devices:

Max compute units:

Max work group size:

Max clock frequency:

1120Mhz
  Max memory allocation:

Cache type:

Read/Write
  Cache line size:

Cache size:

Global memory size:

Constant buffer size:

Max number of constant args:

Local memory type:

Scratchpad
  Local memory size:

Queue properties:

Out-of-Order:

No
  Name:

Capeverde
  Vendor:

Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
  Driver version:

1124.2 (VM)
  Version:

OpenCL 1.2 AMD-APP (1124.2)
  Extensions:

cl_khr_fp64 cl_amd_fp64 cl_khr_global_int32_base_atomics cl_khr_global_int32_extended_atomics cl_khr_local_int32_base_atomics cl_khr_local_int32_extended_atomics cl_khr_int64_base_atomics cl_khr_int64_extended_atomics cl_khr_3d_image_writes cl_khr_byte_addressable_store cl_khr_gl_sharing cl_ext_atomic_counters_32 cl_amd_device_attribute_query cl_amd_vec3 cl_amd_printf cl_amd_media_ops cl_amd_media_ops2 cl_amd_popcnt cl_khr_d3d10_sharing cl_amd_c1x_atomics

INFO: can't open binary kernel file: .\\AstroPulse_Kernels_r1761.cl_Capeverde.bin_V6, continue with recompile...

Error : Building Program (source, clBuildProgram):main kernels: not OK code -11

Internal error: Compilation failed.

It works OK with Cat 12.1, with Cat 12.8 (for example).

EDIT: And I don't see how this issue recived "Assumed Answered" status if it remains in all new drivers AMD releases. It's absolutely not answered and critical issue in fact.

0 Likes
himanshu_gautam
Grandmaster

Hi raistmer,

Sorry for the delay. I am looking into this issue now. I will let you know the status.

I am not sure who marked this thread as answered. I hope you can again mark it as unanswered.

Raistmer,

It looks the dropbox link you had given is dead (may be temporarily). Can you please share the test case again.

Message was edited by: Himanshu Gautam

0 Likes
Raistmer
Adept II

1) I don't see how I can unmark that.

2) Just now I clicked on DropBox link above and got archive downloaded on this PC.

Link is: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/60381958/Bad_binaries_with_Cat12.11beta8_test_case.7z and it should not expire until I manually delete this archive from DropBox. So try again, maybe luck will be with you next time

0 Likes
freighter
Journeyman III

Confirming that the dropbox link Raistmer has given still works.

Also i can confirm that Linux shows identical failure to compile OpenCL Kernels from source. This avoids the crashes i reported earlier in this thread.

Using precompiled (binary) kernels still works, but how to create these in the future.

0 Likes