cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

kiwi
Journeyman III

Problem with shaders Compilation

I yesterday bought Prepar3D V3 when it was released and I installed it without a problem however as yet have not been able to get past the scenario screen.

I put a message in their forums and the tech is saying that the error message is something to do with Directx 10 .

This is the problem error message below

I load V3 as far as the scenario window and then it crashes when I try to load the airport.

I have only got default V3 no addons whatsoever. Running windows 7 ultimate 64-bit and these are the two error logs I have recieved.

[error.0]

error=Shader compilation failed - Error Msg: C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ShadersHLSL\ParticleCS.fx(325,13): error X3660: cs_4_0 does not support interlocked operations

[error.1]

error=Shader cache failed to compile or create shader. source-file: C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ShadersHLSL\ParticleCS.fx cache-file: C:\Users\Kiwi\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Shaders\v3010_sm100_ParticleCS.fx_CSSimulate_0000000007000000_0050000000000001.cso

This is the reply I got from Lockheed martin  as well as trying the V14.12  driver which some people are saying is working however it is not working for me.

Beau Hollis » 02 Oct 2015, 16:43

Geoff,

The "sm100" in the shader cache file name indicates a DirectX10.0 shader compile. Either your card does not support shader model 5.0 (DirectX 11.0), or Prepar3D is attempting to run on a DirectX10 anboard graphics card. Are you getting the warning about falling back to DirectX10?

EDIT. Just read your other post. I see that your card supports 11.2. It's odd that it is trying to compile a 10.0 shader as that only happens if the card reports that it does not support the 11.0 feature set.

Beau Hollis
Prepar3D Rendering System Lead

I am running a 3.20 ghz Intel Core i5-4460

64bit ready

4 core

ASRock B85MPro4

8Mb ram

Video card AMD Radeon R7 200 series

I also run a Nvidia Geforce 330 for my VRInsight FMC which is only directx 10

Geoff Thomson

0 Likes
1 Reply
drproud
Adept II

Yep i have the same problem  Kiwi i hope we dont need to wait a year for AMD to fix this

0 Likes