Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

Kremnari
Journeyman III

Prevent monitor blanking during OpenCL

Good afternoon all,

I am curious if there's a way to prevent monitor blanking when I'm running OpenCL programs on my HD5770.  As far as I know, running desktop apps (win7u64) doesn't utilize any stream processors, yet it still causes the display to die.

Would not running the OpenCL program on a specific stream prevent this issue?  Or is there some other fix?

Thank you for your replies.

Kremnari

0 Likes
2 Replies
notyou
Adept III

Originally posted by: Kremnari Good afternoon all,

I am curious if there's a way to prevent monitor blanking when I'm running OpenCL programs on my HD5770.  As far as I know, running desktop apps (win7u64) doesn't utilize any stream processors, yet it still causes the display to die.

Would not running the OpenCL program on a specific stream prevent this issue?  Or is there some other fix?

Thank you for your replies.

Kremnari

Do you mean that the screen goes blank when you run the program (or are even on the desktop for that matter)? Does it happen immediately, or after a minute or two?

I'm running some OpenCL programs on my Mobility 5870 (essentially a desktop 5770) and I never have the screen blanking on me. You may want to check on another system (if possible), since yous may be wonky.

0 Likes

You might want to disable VPU recover and watchdog timer.

0 Likes