cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

cybernoid
Adept I

Possible glShaderSource() bug on RX480 latest drivers

I *think* there may be a bug in recent drivers regards glShaderSource() and multiple strings being assembled.  I have gone over my own code quite a few times and I can't find an error - although I am not totally convinced it isn't my fault yet.  It works fine on other vendors hardware though currently.  So I wanted to check if this was a known bug currently?

I am effectively calling it with: glShaderSource(shader, snippets, snippetSizes, 9)

But each snippet string is a mix of null terminated strings and fixed length ones (with -1 lengths to mark the null terminated ones).

My array of string sizes contains:

[0]-1
[1]-1
[2]2112
[3]1
[4]334
[5]1
[6]2173
[7]2182
[8]-1

Which seems to match up fine with my string buffers (I can't see any off by one errors etc so far).  With the -1 size ones being null terminated correctly.  One thing is that some of those string snippets of length 1 only contain newline characters ([3] & [5] specifically).  So I wondered if it was possible your driver was tripping up there?

Also I memory map these string snippets from files in so I wonder also if your driver was reading past and causing the access violation I am seeing?

Having dug into it some more it seems if I pass explicit lengths for all string snippets the crash goes away (So in the test case above I replace the -1's with exact lengths).  So I suspect you have a bug in your handling of null terminated strings?

0 Likes
0 Replies