cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

torner
Journeyman III

PC game lag

I have a Windows Vista home premium computer with an NIVIDA 8500GT graphics card with 256MB, an Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Q6600 each core operates at 2.4 GHz, 2 x 4 MB L2 cache, 1066 MHz FSB. I have a 500 GB SATA II hard drive. Dual channel 2048 MB DDR2 memory, Memory Card Reader 15-in-1. I have a 32-bit operating system and 2030 MB of rams. My problem is, however, that I have constant game lag while playing all next gen gaming titles (offline). Games such as Bioshock, Jericho, Call of Duty 4, ect. I am not able to play these games on the highest graphic settings without lag, (sometimes not even fair graphic settings). I don't understand why.
0 Likes
6 Replies
alexey_khosh
Journeyman III

I think that nVidia 8500GT is the root of your problem. That graphics card is low-end (sorry!), and I strongly suggest you to replace it with something more powerful: if you prefere GeForce series - take 8800, if you prefere Radeon series - take HD 38xx.

P.S. Torner, you chose just "right" place to ask you question .
0 Likes

I had the same problem too with my games, especially the latest game titles untill I upgraded my graphic card. Currently am using the ATI Radeon™ HD 4600 Series. Smooth all the way with no lag.

0 Likes

I have had massive problems with games using that graphics card. just paid about £120 for a new graphics card and not having any problems with my gaming

0 Likes

i fixed it with a new card

Edit:Removed Advertising from the post

0 Likes
liquidgraph
Journeyman III

What FPS are you getting, it just might be typical for that that  on high settings.

0 Likes
Mickymar
Journeyman III

I too have had some game lag, however I know with scaling back and using lower settings I can get by.

I had an NVidia card, but have since upgraded.  I do believe I had an other type of card put in, and with it I can do any game.

0 Likes