cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

overclocks with the new software?

hello dev's.....first off if your the guys who worked on Radeon Crimson Software .....thanks!.....I like what you got going so far....

but I have a issue and id like to get it cleared up....since the beta driver version 15.201 I think it came with ccc version 15.11 not sure now....but any how since that driver version and with this new software my overclocks do not work in any benchmarking programs....I have a serious bug in my brain that needs to know why? and are you going to fix this issue? or leave it to developers of the benchmark programs to fix the issue? I love oc'ing my machine and I love chasing the benchmark numbers..and that's broken for me....my over clocks work in games...but do not work in some game benchmarks even.....I would not care if you set your drivers to just go wide open with it and keep my cards juiced up while I play games....I really really want to be able to continue my benchmarking....thanks for reading ....

lol...I don't even know if any of you guys who work on the software are in here....lol....

0 Likes
7 Replies

ok now I feel stupid.....and that don't happen often!.. lmao...any how I have been changing settings around in the Radeon Software and it seems that I changed something that wuz obviously holding my overclocks on my 390's at bay......now I change a lot of settings ....can any one here take the guess work out and tell me what that setting might have been?

0 Likes

Hi Shane,

I have white-listed you, so you can directly post in any of the developer forums. I'll move this thread to the OpenCL forum.

--Prasad

Hi,

My apologies for this delayed reply.

Are you still facing the issue? If so, please try the latest 15.11 driver on a fresh setup and then check. If you still observe the same, please share more details about the issue.

Regards,

0 Likes

yes it still does it.....it only saves certain times ...but it has never saved over the 10% gpu oc that is unstable on these 390's every time I start my pc the gpu clock is set back to 10%...

power and vram settings seem to change and stay where I put them........I will uninstall and run ddu and install new drivers and let you know....thanks

0 Likes

I am still having issues with this software.....I installed the beta drivers.....none of my overclock settings remain when I reboot even if its just a mild overclock....when I click on the fan options to turn them to 100% and then hit apply they wig out and run all the way down to 0 I can then turn them back to 100% and they stay there until I send the Radeon software back to the start bar by hitting the x in the top right corner then they go back to 0 and yes I'm hitting apply....and this really really bugs me ....where in the hell did the frame pacing option go......I want that ,....I don't like frame pacing turned on it does nothing for my benchmarks in fact it hinders my fps when on.,. I cant even find that option in the beta software

sorry for bad spelling and grammar  ....im a little frustrated at the moment.....

0 Likes

I am going to turn all my system overclocks off.....I am going to uninstall the drivers run ddu again ....reinstall the radeon software ......and keep every thing at stock clocks to see if this is causeing the issue.....ill let you know...

0 Likes

well so far things are a little different....there are still little quarks in the program ....things acting strange ....I set all overclocks to stock speeds....uninstalled all drivers.. ran ddu..

and reinstalled the beta drivers.. the frame pacing option has showed back up...strange it wuz not there the first time.. and the fans still do this strange thing....when they are set to manual mode the slider will move on its own it will go up and down sporadically.

0 Likes