cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

impakkt
Journeyman III

Our game does not perform well on some AMD GPUs

We have quite a few complaints of people running our game (a Steam Top50 title) on AMD GPUs. Since we haven't made contact with AMD's developer support, what can be done to solve this situation? We need to have an app specific profile on AMD Catalyst drivers, but I didn't find a contact address for developer support. Please help.

0 Likes
1 Solution
jtrudeau
Staff

Tim Boyd

For the rest of the folks...

My earlier reply does not apply to this case, so much so that I would really like to delete it. Hey, can't be spot on correct all the time. But, we'll leave it there in all its misleading glory.

Better news:

We have been in contact, I've got the required info.  I have forwarded your contact and game information to the appropriate person here at AMD. I cannot promise any particular result, but we have it in the right hands.

I have also created an FAQ for what a community member needs to do to raise such an issue. So we get it right immediately next time.

Thanks for your patience.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
jtrudeau
Staff

Tim,

I will point that team at this post. However, I recommend you proactively follow the directions on the home page of the forum. The game support team actively monitors that.

If you have a driver compatibility or hardware issue, please head over to support.amd.com or the visit the AMD Support & Games Forums.

The specific thread for catalyst driver support is located at: AMD Support and Game Forums - Desktop Catalyst Drivers and Software.

If you have a reproducible case, you can file a defect report at www.amd.com/report.

0 Likes

I'm not sure what to make of that answer:

jtrudeau schrieb:

I will point that team at this post.

What does "point that team at this post" mean? Do you want to say that you want to forward my inquiry to your team?

Anyway, the problem is that we have developed a game that was published a few weeks ago and we have customers complaining about bad performance with AMD GPUs. I will need to get in contact with developer support to find out if there's anything we can do to help our customers. Can you please give me a more comprehensive reply about how to proceed?

0 Likes

Sorry for the confusion. I clearly needed another injection of caffeine this morning.

What I meant was... internal to AMD I alerted a contact on the Catalyst support team that this issue exists. We do talk to each other.

The links in my reply are where you should go for support on this issue. It's really a Catalyst Driver issue, and that has its own support team. I apologize that (like every other big business) AMD has internal silos.

I hope that clears this up.

0 Likes
jtrudeau
Staff

Tim Boyd

For the rest of the folks...

My earlier reply does not apply to this case, so much so that I would really like to delete it. Hey, can't be spot on correct all the time. But, we'll leave it there in all its misleading glory.

Better news:

We have been in contact, I've got the required info.  I have forwarded your contact and game information to the appropriate person here at AMD. I cannot promise any particular result, but we have it in the right hands.

I have also created an FAQ for what a community member needs to do to raise such an issue. So we get it right immediately next time.

Thanks for your patience.

0 Likes