Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

Meteorhead
Challenger

OpenVideo Encode

Hi All!

I just gave SDK 2.7 a quick glance, and saw that OpenVideo Encode headers are in the Win7 SDK. I got a few questions though, since the documentation is rather scarce:

1. Does OVE work on pre-7xxx cards? (Mostly interested in Mobility HD5870 in particular. It would be too good to be true)
  2. Are there any samples where one can start looking?
  3. Is it possible to capture OpenGL framebuffer and encode it using OVE?
  4. If no, why not? If yes, GIMME THE SAMPLES! (forgive my enthusiasm)

Regards,

Máté

0 Likes
1 Solution

Only A10 APUs and 7000 series Radeon GPUs include a VCE.(Video Codec Engine.)

View solution in original post

0 Likes
11 Replies

Only A10 APUs and 7000 series Radeon GPUs include a VCE.(Video Codec Engine.)

0 Likes

That's what I was afraid of. I was sort of hoping that in 'legacy' video cards OVE would launch OpenCL kernels to do the encoding. Is there any hope for an implementation of this in a future driver?

0 Likes

I'll send your feedback to the Catalyst team.

Thanks!

Kristen

Is there an OpenVideo Encode example project?

--Keith Brafford

0 Likes

Hooray!

0 Likes

I have tried openEncode example - it hangs in  clWaitForEvents() after OVEncodeTask() call on the very first frame.

Apparently the encode task never completes and never sends the event to the application.

GPU: 7950

Does anybody run it successfully ?

0 Likes

Hi Vladant - Can you tell us the driver version, i.e Catalyst Driver version?

0 Likes

Hi scharupa, unfortunately I cannot tell for sure (that setup is no longer available) but it was driver from one of latest Catalyst releases or the latest APP SDK release.

0 Likes

Hi Vladant - The OpenEncode samples supportes HD7950. We don't find any issues with the sample in AMD labs. Could you please use Catalyst 12.8/9 and then try.

We suspect that the driver may not be update properly, new openvideo.dll /opencl.dll files were may not be properly updated on the machine.

Could you please check once.

0 Likes
apatat
Journeyman III

Where can I find OpenVideo Encode documentation?

0 Likes