cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

tim_auld
Journeyman III

OpenGL black screen on R7

A user is reporting a black screen in our game on his Windows 8.1 system with a Radeon R7. The program is running, he can hear audio, but there are no graphics appearing at all. Even the clear colour (red) doesn't show up (black instead). A simple OpenGL sample is functioning correctly, and the render context, bit depth, SwapBuffers, etc. appear to be working as expected. He has completely uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled the latest, with no change.

It's very slow going debugging this without it happening for me. He doesn't have anything more specific than "R7 series", so I wouldn't know what to purchase for testing. Is there any service provided by AMD for testing compatibility with their video cards? I'm happy to provide Steam keys.

Thanks,

Tim

0 Likes
7 Replies
rebelyell
Exemplar

0 Likes

Thanks, but as I mentioned he has already installed the latest drivers using the automatic installer.

0 Likes
rebelyell
Exemplar

0 Likes

This is a user-to-user forum, where you are unlikely to get the type questions you are asking answered. Use the supplied form to ask AMD tech support directly >  Email Form

Thanks for the tip. Honestly I don't really get how this ended up here because being a newcomer, it looked like I had no choice about where to post.

0 Likes

I'll move to this the developer section of the forum.

Please provide the essential INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

The Email form is not for developer technical support, so they will direct you to the Dev Guru forum.

I think I could try to help you, but I can't promise how fast I'm going to be able to get back to you with an answer. Can you send me a Steam key I could pass to our GL driver engineers for testing purposes? Thanks.