cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

ganunbrar
Journeyman III

OpenCL fails on restart after installing drivers

I've got this problem that my OpenCL doesn't work properly. I've done some investigating and I've noticed that whenever I install the drivers for my graphicscard OpenCL is activated untill I restart my pc.

Here are my specs:

Processor:      AMD Phenom II 3.4ghz

Graphicscard:  Sapphire HD7950 with Boost

Motherboard:   Asus M5A97 R2.0

RAM:              16GB DDR3

Disk:               Corsair SSD 256GB

I've tried numerous drivers for the graphicscard but they all come out with the same result: No more OpenCL after restart. Before installing the drivers I used the AMD tool and the DisplayDriverUninstaller to remove the previous drivers.

GPU-Z says OpenCL isn't working and running clinfo in commandline doesn't show the GPU at all.

I'm running out of idea's and I hope you guys can help me!

0 Likes
4 Replies
dipak
Big Boss

Sorry, I don't have any solution at this point. But, I've few questions as given below:

@"tried numerous drivers for the graphicscard".

So, can I assume that you've tried with latest driver? If not please try with it and share your observation.

2. If problem exists with latest driver, can you post output of clinfo once latest driver is installed successfully (before restart/reboot)?

@"Before installing the drivers I used the AMD tool and the DisplayDriverUninstaller to remove the previous drivers."

Please can you provide details (package link / version information) of the tools and uninstaller package you've used?

If your problem doesn't solve, I'll definitely forward your issue to the concerned team.

Regards,

0 Likes

1: Yes I have tried the newest driver, also versions 13.12c and 13.12.

2: I will add the clinfo in the attachment.

3: I used Guru3d.com's Display Driver Uninstaller version 12.9.4.0  to uninstall the drivers. Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 12.9.4.0

A friend of mine also mentioned to me that technology is weird and that I should try to put the graphics card in the other PCI-E slot. I'll also give that a go.

0 Likes

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the information.

I'll forward your issue to the concerned team and keep you updated.

Regards,

0 Likes

Hi,

My apologies for this late reply.

I discussed your problem with the team but this problem seems to be new for them. They haven't faced such earlier. Please try to install driver and APP SDK in different order. Say, get a fresh OS. Install catalyst driver and then AMD OpenCL APP SDK and check clinfo. Then restart and check. Try the same with reverse order (i.e. APP SDK first, the catalyst driver) to see if there is any issue related to installation ordering.

FYI: You can use un-installer from the AMD Catalyst Install Manager to remove the existing Catalyst driver.

Regards,

0 Likes