cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

mirk26
Journeyman III

openCL Error after installation of VirtualCL

I installed virtualCL on my physical machine( centOS 6.3) and also on a vm(centOS 6.4) created on the same machine. and I also run the command xhost+ on my physical machine but after that I am not able to execute my openCL programs on my physical machine it shows the following error on running my previously created executable output file---

FATAL: Module fglrx not found.

Error! Fail to load fglrx kernel module! Maybe you can switch to root user to load kernel module directly

FATAL: Module fglrx not found.

Error! Fail to load fglrx kernel module! Maybe you can switch to root user to load kernel module directly

X Error of failed request:  BadRequest (invalid request code or no such operation)

Major opcode of failed request:  153 ()

Minor opcode of failed request:  19

Serial number of failed request:  12

Current serial number in output stream:  12

0 Likes
8 Replies
himanshu_gautam
Grandmaster

Hi

Please provide us the software version like OS, Catalyst driver etc information

0 Likes

Dear Himanshu

Thank you for your quick reply.

Info-

OS- CentOS 6.4

AMD Catalyst™ 13.6 Beta2 Driver Suite

AMD-APP-SDK-v2.8.1.0

GPU- HD 6670

0 Likes

Could you please test it with latest driver.

0 Likes

I found that even fglrxinfo was not able to display the information and after restarting my machine the dispaly was very abrupt. I forcefully uninstalled the catalyst driver and then again reinstalled it; after that its working fine. though i did read on the net that the amd catalyst driver is quite unstable on the linux platform and it often gets crashed.
besides can you tell me how does openCL code gets compiled? how gcc or g++ etc is able to compile a openCL code.?

0 Likes

Since you will be writing opencl code in .cpp file you can use g++ to compile the code.

You can get the complete information on building and compilation of OpenCL on both windows and linux platform in the below link

http://developer.amd.com/wordpress/media/2012/10/AMD_APP_SDK_Getting_Started_Guide.pdf

0 Likes

dear Himanshu

thnx for your reply but my point of intrest is that when we write openeCL code then we compile our .c file using the gcc compiler but at run time the kernel code present in .cl file which is not compiled by gcc, who compiles or ASSEMBLE or LOAD that kernel code into the OpenCL Device. once again thnx for all your help.

0 Likes

can you give the output of glxinfo ?

it seems that you are not able to start use the AMD driver. (the message is about an error in the X protocol)

0 Likes

that's absolutely correct pboudier, the driver got crashed that cause all the problem. I uninstalled the driver forcefully and reinstalled it and it works fine now.

but is there any resource where i can find how memory management is done in OpenCL like if we call clCreateBuffer then how the OpenCL library interacts with the driver which in turn interacts with OS.

0 Likes