Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

fireman
Journeyman III

Old ATI DX9 Tessellation SDK

Hi.

May be someone can share "Terrain Rendering" sample from old DX9 Tessellation SDK DX9 Tessellation SDK | AMD Developer Central

I looked everywhere and could not find it. The file in web archive is broken.

0 Likes
1 Solution

And the answer is in: it is not available.

Just FYI - for tools we keep the previous version readily available. Sometimes we'll have a slightly deeper stack, but typically you can go one version back. For examples, we leave them up as long as they are still functional or useful. There are archive pages on the site, and some of the stuff is older than this was. At some point examples become non-functional. When that happens, we remove them.

None of this is hard and fast policy and workflow, but the bottom line is, that we no longer have this sample available.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10 Replies
fireman
Journeyman III

May be admins of this site can search in site backups for TerrainTessellationSDKSample-v1.0.zip file?

0 Likes

Thanks for waking this up.

I checked our archive page, and it does not appear to be present:

http://developer.amd.com/tools-and-sdks/graphics-development/amd-radeon-sdk/archive/

I was able to download the terrain rendering sample. Downloading as I type. So it is present. How is it broken? For me the zip file will not decompress.

I think it's safe to say this is no longer supported, and if "broken" means doesn't work with current hardware/drivers, not sure there's much we can do about that.

Be that as it may, I have started the internal search for this. I'll let you know what I discover.

Jim

0 Likes

Thanks for the reply.

I'm talking about "Terrain Rendering" sample from "Direct3D 9 Sample" section. It used to be on this http://developer.amd.com/media/gpu_assets/TerrainTessellationSDKSample-v1.0.zip link. At the time of making a copy of this page by "Web Archive" files larger than 10 megabytes was not fully preserved. I could not find a copy of this archive, and therefore wrote on the forum in hope that it is may be in the archival copies of the site.

Andre

0 Likes

I have a query out, but this is game related, and that team is at GDC.... so I don't expect to hear back quickly.

Thank you again, I'll wait.

0 Likes

Is there any progress on this issue?

0 Likes

By coincidence, I pinged internally the day before you posted this, but I still haven't heard. I'm going to ramp up the heat a bit. I don't know that we can provide what you want, but at least we can get a definitive answer.

0 Likes

And the answer is in: it is not available.

Just FYI - for tools we keep the previous version readily available. Sometimes we'll have a slightly deeper stack, but typically you can go one version back. For examples, we leave them up as long as they are still functional or useful. There are archive pages on the site, and some of the stuff is older than this was. At some point examples become non-functional. When that happens, we remove them.

None of this is hard and fast policy and workflow, but the bottom line is, that we no longer have this sample available.

0 Likes

Thank you very much for your reply. It is a pity that this sample is not saved in your archive. But maybe you have contact details for the person who did it? I would try to contact him.

0 Likes
jtrudeau
Staff

Andre, sadly, I don't.

0 Likes